Not so good reception with CM 4228 - SF Bay Area

kaydee

Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Based on intelligent recommendations all around, I installed the CM 4228 on my chimney (San Jose, zip 95117). Most of the broadcasters are 41 miles away at 305' from my house. I oriented the antenna using a compass, as best as I could and pointed it in the direction of 305'. The antenna is installed at about 10' on top of the chimney and there are no obstructions around the area. I connected the antenna to a Philips HDTV with a tuner.

I notice that I can receive Ch7 (KGO), Ch9 (KQED) and Ch11 (KNTV). The reception is not the best but it isn't bad either.

However, I just can't receive CH5 (KPIX - CBS)) or CH2 (KTVU - Fox). Both of these stations are at the same orientation as the rest and also at the same distance.

What could be going wrong here? Should I consider some other antenna? Or an amplifier?

Thanks
-kd

Are these all digital stations or are some still analog? If analog, the antenna will not pick them up as it is a UHF only antenna. As previously mentioned, aim the antenna for best reception not by compass. I use the same antenna and am 50 miles from the local transmitters and I get exceptional reception. Also make sure that your cable and connectors are in good shape and tight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts