Not to be greedy, but

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Can we expect the following by the end of the year?

Comedy HD
IFC HD
MOJO Hd
TMC HD
FX HD
FoxMO HD
Speed HD
Spike HD
Chiller HD
Fox Buisness HD
And my personal preference
Voom Movies
Monsters
Film Fest

Well as it has been said before in these little chat boxes, E* and FOX network are having a bit of a stand off. So the leaves out FX, FoxMov, FOX business, & SPEED. And well we all know about the VOOM situations. So those are gone I would bet permanately.

You can expect anything but i don't see much chance at all of the last three and the rest are anybody's guess.

I would think Spike HD is doable. If they get that one we should also see the Nickleodeon suite in HD. Chiller is not even in HD yet, but when it is I think that would be added as well. Another channel that will probably be added almost as soon as it is available would be BBC America HD. Most likely is that we will see more premiums in HD, and a bigger push toward HD VOD.

I imagine we will get more SHO channels in HD.

AMC-HD (for "Breakin Bad" and "Mad Men") would be nice. But, I've heard it's owned by Rainbow Media (Voom owners) ... so, that's that.

Also, for us mid-Atlantic residents ... MASN-HD would be great (for O's and Nats games).

I would be shocked if they ever show up on Dish, but who knows??

Oh you can expect all you want. Whether or not your expectations will be met is another matter entirely. :D

Seriously tho, its now August already and while I am sure several of those on the list will be available others have no chance.

Comedy HD
Likely

Don't know

Dish Keeps trying. It's been uplinked three different times now. But I think unlikely

Likely

The nanosecond the pending law suit is settled or decided, no sooner.

Ditto.

This one is a question mark. It may be the same as the two above, but some say the contract for this channel was negotiated separately so perhaps.

Along with other Viacom HD channels is likely.

Chiller HD
Don't know.

Fox Buisness HD
No

And my personal preference
Voom Movies
Monsters
Film Fest

Though I would love to say YES, the answer here is, absolutely not! That is unless there is a miraculous court ruling and order for Dish to re-instate them. Voom is dead, burried, gone and nearly forgotten unfortunately.

See ya
Tony

Comedy, Chiller and Fox Movie are not in hd yet...........I do not think.

According to Wikipedia, Chiller hd will start broadcasting in October of this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts