Not Very Happy With Voom

O

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I was installed on March 10th and due to a Voom activation error the installer was not able to setup my system. So after Voom fix the activation I could not get a signal. I called to have them fix it and stressed to them that I need someone to come out on Saturday because after that I would not be available for two weeks. So they gave me an appoinment for Saturday the 13th between 8 and 12. I then called the same installer that came out on Wednesday at 11:00 am today and they said that they just received the work order from Voom. I then called Voom and they said that it was a "computer error" and that the computer sent the wrong paper work to the installer. I'm very upset at this.

O

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
Now I have to wait until Saturday the 20th or Wednesday the 24th before they come out. They Also started charging me since the 10th which blows. I'm thinking about canceling Voom

G

Geno

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 28, 2003
Try to resist bailing. It's been a pain for many to get it started, but the reward of all the HD will be worth it.

O

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I want to hold on. I don't want to bail, but i'm pissed that I have to wait so long and on top of that pay for the service when I dont have it.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
omard. said:
I want to hold on. I don't want to bail, but i'm pissed that I have to wait so long and on top of that pay for the service when I dont have it.

You should not pay for service that has not started. Let VOOM know this and I believe they will rectify this in your account.

O

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I did and they told me that they can not change that part of my account. Since my activation was on the 10th that is when the bill goes thru.

M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Honestly, I'd go to the Voom Yahoo mail list and ask the Voom people there to help you. I got personal emails in a matter of hours when I posted an issue I had experienced. They even passed it on to Sears, and I had 2 different District Managers call me.