Note on Providence RI Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
And so the switchover to the Eastern Arc begins. :)

Just got this in my inbox

Effective March 5, the following local channels in the Providence, RI DMA will not be viewable on non 8PSK equipment (301, 501, 508, 510, 721, 2800, 3900, 4900, 2000, 1000, 1500, 3000, 3500, 3700, 3800, 4000, 4500, 4700, 5000, and 5500).

Customers impacted will see a black screen with a banner.

As part of the free 8PSK receiver upgrade project these receiver models need
to be upgraded to 8PSK capable receivers in order to continue receiving
local programming. Non-local programming will not be impacted by this
service change.

WPRI 7771

WLWC 7775

WSBE 7776

I received a post card from dish a couple weeks ago informing me of this. They sent me out a new receiver DP 301 and it seems to be the exact same thing that I already have. I'm wondering if they messed up or if there is a difference in the box that's internal? Any thoughts?

I received a post card from dish a couple weeks ago informing me of this. They sent me out a new receiver DP 301 and it seems to be the exact same thing that I already have. I'm wondering if they messed up or if there is a difference in the box that's internal? Any thoughts?

Using the signal strength page, what transponders can you lock on 61.5?

I believe the only "external" difference between the 311 and the 301 is that the 301 has a card, the 311 doesn't. Check the front of the receiver and se if you have a card.

I'm not at home now but will check the signal strength for transponders when I get home. I know that they sent me out a DP 301 and my existing box was a DP 301. I checked the back and they have the same model numbers as well. I also just checked the "My Equipment" tab in my account and it says I have a 301E which by the picture doesn't look like the receiver I have. I'm guessing that maybe the issue. The real test would be for me to go home and see if I can get the locals on my existing receiver....but that's too easy.

If anybody can explain Eastern Arc at the tip line to me, they get a mention in the next uplink!

Tip line: newsmonitor at echostaruser dot com (which feeds into another address for my use)

They want to replace my 2 owned 721s with 2 LEASED 522s. The first time I called, they said I would own the 522s, but I guess that was incorrect. Is it worth pulling my 921 out of mothballs and reactivate it instead of getting the 522s?

Just got the postcard in the mail today. This is total crap - there's no way they should have changed over this quickly!

The bad news is that even though they are 8PSK they are not doing MPEG-4 (even standard definition) on this. Those MPEG-2 channels are going to bloat up the satellite...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)