Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A note from DISH to its retailers...

The company providing the Brazilian Channel RBTi to DISH Network has recently interrupted delivery. In the meantime, we are sure your customers will enjoy our other great variety of Brazilian programming on TV Globo, PFC and Record. DISH Network sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience.

From Welcome to RBTI Network

PREZADOS ASSINANTES ESTADOS UNIDOS

A RBTI continuará sendo distribuida com exclusividade em todo território americano pela operadora DISH NETWORK e gostaria de informar a todos assinantes que os problemas técnicos foram resolvidos e o sinal deverá ser restaurado pela DISH a qualquer momento.

Translation:

Dear American Customers

RBTI will continue exclusive distribution for the entire American territory with Dish Network and would like to inform all customers that the technical problems were solved and the signal will be restored by Dish at any moment.

I don't subscribe to the Brazilian channels anymore so I don't know if it is back yet.

Who cares, that channel was the worst anyway it basically was old dollar store public domain VHS tapes or DVDs that have been portuguese subtitled and then all recompressed down to 1.5 mbps. I swear the signal even looked like it was delivered via the internet with frequent buffer problems. A signal loss from RBTI is a non issue, now if it was TV Globo then we would care. Speaking of that when is dish network international going to provide Globo in HD instead of compressed 2.5 mbps SD. It's not like they dont have the room at 118.7. Then maybe I would be willing to pay $20 a month for a single channel again. Thought we might get a preview period of Globo thanks to the RBTI problems but since things are fixed does not look like that is going to happen, Tempos Modernos is a snoozer any way when I watched a few weeks ago on a directv preview of Globo channel 2134 for Carnival.
My sources tell me that Globo International HD is already being sent to TV Globo America offices in NY via 40.5 west.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts