Nothing Past 50w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
$#%$$@ Scalar Ring

I have not had any luck with my c-band dish mainly due to this scalar ring.

1. Which way does the feedhorn point, in relation to the c-band flange, up, left, right, or down?

2. The focal point of my dish is .27 the lowest my sclar goes down to is .32, so i just go all the way down and install "the golden ring?

3. I was getting a signal on my cs6000 all the time, no matter where I pointed my dish.

I have been experimenting with my 6' Prodelin dish I put up in April. I tried several different feedhorns I have kicking around, with and without a scalar ring. I took my 2700A right out there with a small TV.

On C or Ku, on G16-X4, G25, G3C, AMC4, AMC18 were the satellites I pointed at with it. Right now parked on AMC18 for 4DTV.

I couldn't see any measurable difference with the ring. Right now there is one only because it's a convenient way to mount it on the offset dish arm with 2 small brackets.

Personally, I wouldn't go crazy worrying about the ring if you can receive your signal as it is.

this time i went with a chap. 20k lnb that i new work. I also used a c-band non adjustable feedhorn, that way that little room for error. I am only getting reception form 30w to 45w. But my pole is unlevel so im thinking that since my pole is leaning too far to the north, my elevation is too high to see anything past 30w

I will admit, I am MAD! :mad:

I have set my f/d 6 times, twisted the feedhorn, every which way.
Set the coarse latitude in 3 diffrent spots
changed 3 diffeent c-band lnbs,
changed feedhorns

I cant get anything past 50 degrees west. nothing.

There are only 3 satellites with linear polarization East of 50W...Intelsat 1R at 45W, Intelsat 3R at 43W, and NSS 10 at 37.5W. The rest are circular polarization.

i wana get all the popular c-band sats, the ones with people that speak english

Scatch n Dent

My 10 foot winegard fell when i was taking it of the pole (pole is unlevel)
i managed to fix it, but the one panel looks like it got hailed on it.
Then again, i know where there is a 12 foot mesh paraclipse (the one that looks like a decagon, instead of round side)
so
Should i keep the dented 10 foot winegard, or go for the 12 foot mesh?

Most feedhorns have a proper f/d limit. Sounds like you have a very deep dish that needs a feedhorn designed for that depth. I remember an add on ring or something from the good old days that would adapt a standard Chaparall ring and feedhorn to a less than .32 f/d

ADL (patriot) makes a feedhorn for that deep dish.

You may not have the best performance using a feedhorn with a min .32 f/d rating.

What is it you are wanting to get?

I admit I am a bit confused with this question too.

The whole time I thought you were having trouble getting the Atlantic sats , now OP says that it's the only thing he's getting.

So you're saying that you can't get anything WEST of 50.0 west ???? or just can't get any English programming East of 50.0 w.

That is a problem ..................................

Bottom line on getting more channels......you need to spend some money, buy a 4DTV receiver and get a get a subscription to digital programming because your not going to find much on analog. If all you want is free stuff then go with FTA setup.

1. Will a dented panel servily affect c-band?
2. I cant get anything past 50'w i think because my pole is leaning to the north 10 degrees off level.
3 what would a new panel cost?

I would worry more about the pole than the panel. I'm not saying to forget about the panel, just that the pole is probably a bigger problem. I'm sure the pole is the single most related problem you have for that dish. My guess is if you fix the pole, then you could take the panel completely out and still get a signal, although that probably wouldn't be necessary..?
Call Skyvision for a price on a panel they will pre-cut for you? Or find something metal and pre-fab it yourself?

dented panel won't hurt it much...damn my 6 footer fell off a 30" high table 3 times and still gets almost the same quality as my good (other) 6 footer :)

fab one myself? hahahaha i would have to hammer it to a countor, and it would be just as dented as the one i have? the dents are big, about the size of marbles. The pole was extremely off level. I releveld it as good as i could, the buble is between the center marks, but not perfectly, so its about .03mm off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)