Notice to Update Programming & Software?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I have been getting a notice on my TV several times a week in the morning to either continue watching or update the programming & software for my Hopper 3. It makes no difference if I update it then or it updates itself later it will pop up again a few days later.

Any idea how to stop this? This week it happened on Tuesday and again this morning (Friday). It only gives me a few seconds to either continue watching or update now. If we are not watching when it pops up it updates.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My Daily Reset Time is 2 am, I get an update request sometimes around 8-10am and almost every day in the afternoon around 1-3pm???

Reactions: Jon J
Guess just reading/chatting about it makes it happen. It's 6:40 am local time. I just got a 514B and a 1599 Attention notice. Frustrating!

Reactions: TheKrell
Are you certain that all of your receivers are in standby at 1AM and that you have no recordings set within a few hours of that.

Is being turned off (light is out) and standby the same thing? If the answer is yes then I am sure the receiver is in standby at 1 AM. I have had the Hopper 3 since January and this issue started about a month ago. Nothing has changed (that I know of).

This notice to update used to happen to me right around the 1am timeframe and it was extremely annoying, but several software releases ago it ceased and hasn't resurfaced.

I only get that message if something is being recorded or watched at the time that my daily reset is scheduled. (4.00am)
If the Hopper is left on a music channel, it stays on and may interfere with resets.
The main gripe that I have is that when the receiver resets is that the EHDs don't spin up fast enough and go to sleep until I bring them up manually.

I have been getting a notice on my TV several times a week in the morning to either continue watching or update the programming & software for my Hopper 3. It makes no difference if I update it then or it updates itself later it will pop up again a few days later.

Any idea how to stop this? This week it happened on Tuesday and again this morning (Friday). It only gives me a few seconds to either continue watching or update now. If we are not watching when it pops up it updates.

Hi there! What I would recommend is reaching out to our tech support team at Direct Chat to verify some information on your equipment. It is possible that there is a disruption in the download process for the receiver software which is causing this pop-up. - Megan G.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)