Nov-Dec Preliminary US Sales Figures

One problem with a direct comparison of numbers though,
PS3 & Wii only supplied so many, therefore sales can not exceed those numbers. They also both sold out, so any direct comparison is impossible.

The big jump from Nov to Dec for the Xbox makes sense, as people would generally hold off any purchases in Sept-Nov for Christmas.
The fact that they just barely beat the Wii when that had 3 extra weeks has got to be of some concern to Microsoft though.

Either way, all 3 are selling well, and it's impossible to declare a winner this soon. IMO the real winner will be settled during the '07 Christmas season.

While I think the Wii could have sold a boatload more, I'm not so sure about the PS3. It seems to be only a matter of a month before they were going at, or below, retail on ebay. Demand was definitely higher than supply, but not by as much as I would have thought. This is pure speculation, of course.

One problem with a direct comparison of numbers though,
PS3 & Wii only supplied so many, therefore sales can not exceed those numbers. They also both sold out, so any direct comparison is impossible.

The big jump from Nov to Dec for the Xbox makes sense, as people would generally hold off any purchases in Sept-Nov for Christmas.
The fact that they just barely beat the Wii when that had 3 extra weeks has got to be of some concern to Microsoft though.

Either way, all 3 are selling well, and it's impossible to declare a winner this soon. IMO the real winner will be settled during the '07 Christmas season.

But on the flipside, ALL of the 360s were bought to be used, ...NO speculators (of any significant number anyway) since they were plentiful. Sales for the Wii and PS3 may drop from launch levels for a bit as speculators try to unwind their stock onto the market (and since those gettingsnapped up won't count towards sales as they were already booked in Nov./Dec.). If they become so plentiful that every retailer has them in decent quantities, then resale prices may even wind up going below retail, but we'll see....

Then again, a lot of gift cards are burning holes in peoples' pockets so that may carry some purchase strength into the end of January...

Uhhh...

sorry to bust everybody's bubble, but those sales figures are bogus. Check any of the gaming websites (Kotaku, Joystiq, etc.) - NPD has yet to release sales figures for the holidays. I guess all of the fanbois will have to postpone their doubtlessly breathless and over-anticipated celebrations :)

sorry to bust everybody's bubble, but those sales figures are bogus. Check any of the gaming websites (Kotaku, Joystiq, etc.) - NPD has yet to release sales figures for the holidays. I guess all of the fanbois will have to postpone their doubtlessly breathless and over-anticipated celebrations :)

They are preliminary estimates and I think I made that clear. We also agreed that this in no way suggests the console war is over. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

THESE ARE NOT NPD NUMBERS. You need to edit that out of your post. NPD confirmed that these numbers did not come from them, and even though they are prob right, NPD will not release nu,bers until Jan 11, and those are the only numbers worth going by.

THESE ARE NOT NPD NUMBERS. You need to edit that out of your post. NPD confirmed that these numbers did not come from them, and even though they are prob right, NPD will not release nu,bers until Jan 11, and those are the only numbers worth going by.

CNBC said there were or it least it was picked up that way. I'd be happy to make any corrections but I'd like to see a link. I checked the two websites the other poster mentioned but didn't see anything there. There's no need to shout if you actually provide a link.

Frys in My Area has PS3 ( GA )

XBOX 360 and Wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)