The Last of Us

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
This is one I am looking forward to, and have been for sometime. I got it pre-ordered, but I wish they would give me a date to look forward to.

I'm really looking forward to this one as well, but I won't preorder until I hear a release date or possible preorder bonuses from different stores. Gamestop has been getting most of the best bonuses lately but I still like to wait and see.

I'll wait and see. The developers have a good pedigree, but I can't remember the last time I did an early pre-order for a brand new IP.

Well I think I only have 15 toward it so far at game stop, I took it off of something else and transferred it to this one.

Like most games now, I only pre-order if there's a $10-$20 discount/credit involved on top of whatever rewards/points/credits I have to apply to the purchase. Also, multiplayer modes have been announced for this game, which means DLC, and DLC often means a quick price drop. So I should be able to grab this for <$30 within 3-4 months of release just like the Assassin's Creed series installments.

With that said, as a huge Uncharted/Naughty Dog fan, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Yep can't wait for this one...it is finally here after waiting for it so long.

I'll do my best to resist release-week hype, just as I did for Bioshock Infinite (which I still haven't picked up yet). As much as I'm looking forward to this game, there just isn't any reason to pay full price right now when by the time I get to it, it will be selling most places in the $30-$40 range. Heck, I'm still sitting on my copy of Borderlands 2 that I bought in March--and that was THE game from last fall I was most interested in.

I'm glad to hear (and not surprised) about all the positive reviews so far for The Last of Us. But I'd still like to hear from regular gamers as well, so I'm counting on a yourbeliefs review in the coming month. ;)

I'll do my best to resist release-week hype, just as I did for Bioshock Infinite (which I still haven't picked up yet). As much as I'm looking forward to this game, there just isn't any reason to pay full price right now when by the time I get to it, it will be selling most places in the $30-$40 range. Heck, I'm still sitting on my copy of Borderlands 2 that I bought in March--and that was THE game from last fall I was most interested in.

I'm glad to hear (and not surprised) about all the positive reviews so far for The Last of Us. But I'd still like to hear from regular gamers as well, so I'm counting on a yourbeliefs review in the coming month. ;)
Well that will depend on A: If Gamefly can send it to me in a timely manner, and B: How much free time I have. From what I've heard this is a pretty long game. IGN said it took them like 17 hours on their first playthrough, and sadly as a father of 2 free gaming time is hard to find at my house.

I really didn't give this game any real care or thought because I'm not the biggest Naughty Dog fan out there. However, I also can't remember the last time I saw a game get such high praise. And of course, the last time I had a game on a pay no mind list but then decided to try it when it got good reviews was Mass Effect 2, which is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm always in the mood to be pleasantly surprised.

Well that will depend on A: If Gamefly can send it to me in a timely manner, and B: How much free time I have. From what I've heard this is a pretty long game. IGN said it took them like 17 hours on their first playthrough, and sadly as a father of 2 free gaming time is hard to find at my house.

I really didn't give this game any real care or thought because I'm not the biggest Naughty Dog fan out there. However, I also can't remember the last time I saw a game get such high praise. And of course, the last time I had a game on a pay no mind list but then decided to try it when it got good reviews was Mass Effect 2, which is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm always in the mood to be pleasantly surprised.

Ah sh*t! Now you've done it. You made me look at those early reviews. And I agree, beyond the scores that they are giving the game, some of the things they are saying about it are pretty rare and make me want to get it NOW. I've even started looking for the best pre-order deal online. lol

OK. Deep breath. Open game cabinet and start counting all the games I've been meaning start or replay ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... OK, I've calmed down a bit. But the first retailer who offers The Last of Us for anything less than $60, I may have to bite. I just found out I missed a $15 store credit on Newegg by two days. Probably a blessing.

BTW, I feel the same way about ME2. I'm currently working in a few missions here and there as part of my fourth playthrough amid the rest of my backlog. ME2 in fact set me on my current backlog course as I now gravitate toward any RPG with a sci-fi theme, which hadn't ever been on my radar before. (I'm currently on my second playthrough of Deus Ex at the moment and am still blown away by everything I missed my first time through).

Trophy hunters can't be happy about a 15+ hour playthrough, given the trophy list requires beating the game on all four difficulty settings, both in regular mode and in NG+ (though I'm sure they'll stack).

I am more of a bargain bin gamer. I try to find the best bargains from Amazon and such and usually pick up the GOTY editions of most titles. However this is one of the ones that I had to preorder and have day one just because of how much I love Uncharted.

I am more of a bargain bin gamer. I try to find the best bargains from Amazon and such and usually pick up the GOTY editions of most titles. However this is one of the ones that I had to preorder and have day one just because of how much I love Uncharted.

I too am a bargain bin guy and I also like GOTY editions. That said, I have already preordered Last of Us and GTAV. Many of the games I buy have been out a while. I just busted open Far Cry 3 a few weeks back. Got it for $29.99 as opposed to $60. Great game.

Well as of today I have an open spot in my Gamefly queue and I just cleared out every game except for The Last of Us. I'm hoping this puts me in the first wave once they start shipping it. If not I will leave this spot open until they do send it. I'm very tempted to just go buy it on Friday but with all these game sales I have made it a rule not to buy them at full price anymore especially because I only play through most games one time and I'm not much of a multiplayer guy. I'm a story first gamer and as long as I don't have everything spoiled for me it doesn't really matter when I play but it's going to be hard to be patient with all the hype this game is getting.

Anyone know if gamefly ships early like amazon does to try to get it to you on release date? I haven't been a member long enough to know and this is the first new release I have aggressively gone after. I'd love for this one to show up Friday on release date so I have the whole weekend to play it.

Well as of today I have an open spot in my Gamefly queue and I just cleared out every game except for The Last of Us. I'm hoping this puts me in the first wave once they start shipping it. If not I will leave this spot open until they do send it. I'm very tempted to just go buy it on Friday but with all these game sales I have made it a rule not to buy them at full price anymore especially because I only play through most games one time and I'm not much of a multiplayer guy. I'm a story first gamer and as long as I don't have everything spoiled for me it doesn't really matter when I play but it's going to be hard to be patient with all the hype this game is getting.

Anyone know if gamefly ships early like amazon does to try to get it to you on release date? I haven't been a member long enough to know and this is the first new release I have aggressively gone after. I'd love for this one to show up Friday on release date so I have the whole weekend to play it.
They used to ship out the day of but recently they've changed it to the day before, so assuming you have one available it'll ship out on Thursday. I'm hoping I get one as well, but I don't see myself running out on launch day if one isn't available.

Just listened to the entire The Last of Us soundtrack this morning on Music Unlimited (twice). Lots of moody acoustical bits, which I really liked. A nice departure from the stereotypical bombastic orchestral numbers you often find in action games and movies. I WANT THIS GAME!

Just listened to the entire The Last of Us soundtrack this morning on Music Unlimited (twice). Lots of moody acoustical bits, which I really liked. A nice departure from the stereotypical bombastic orchestral numbers you often find in action games and movies. I WANT THIS GAME!

Only a few more days.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So it turns out I have no patience. I found out yesterday that I wouldn't be in the first wave of rentals from gamefly for this game. I wanted to hold out and get it from them but I just couldn't help myself. I just picked it up during my lunch break so I'll be diving in a few hours from now. I just need to get through the rest of the day at work first.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Apparently there's an autosave glitch with the game....Be aware..

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-...-Freezes-Game-Requires-PS3-Reset-361011.shtml

According to a Naughty Dog tweet, it's been fixed:

"We've addressed the autosave issue, it was related to servers on our end. Please quit to XMB and restart the game. SP and MP are OK to play!"

I've also read in another forum, that if you have a decent sound system, you should turn dynamic range up to maximum in the game's options settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts