Novice Needs Help

sgl11453

Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
I am a dish customer and my hd dvr just died and dish says it will take almost a week to get a replacement sent to me. The dvr is about 4 years old and they are going to send the same model out. (They will charge me $15 for the honor of doing this for me.) I'm wondering if I should just go out an buy a dvr someplace - best buy, amazon, etc. I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the options. What I really want to be able to do is watch 2 programs in HD and record a third. I'd also like to watch Netfix movies. Currently I do so thru the wii, but the image quality sucks. I only have one TV in the household. I'm not sure if I need or care about Sling technology, but I want to make a decision -- based on where the technology is going. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Thanks in advance!

We do say it takes about 3-5 business days for your receiver to arrive, but it is shipped UPS second day air. Normally your receiver arrives in about 2 or 3 days. If you add the Service Plan ($6 a month), that does cover/waive the $15 shipping charge. I'm not sure what receiver you have, but you may be interested in getting it setup with Over the air antenna (OTA), or adding another receiver. Since all of our HD DVR's are dual tuners, the OTA will provide you with a 3rd tuner that you can watch/record off of.

We do say it takes about 3-5 business days for your receiver to arrive, but it is shipped UPS second day air. Normally your receiver arrives in about 2 or 3 days. If you add the Service Plan ($6 a month), that does cover/waive the $15 shipping charge. I'm not sure what receiver you have, but you may be interested in getting it setup with Over the air antenna (OTA), or adding another receiver. Since all of our HD DVR's are dual tuners, the OTA will provide you with a 3rd tuner that you can watch/record off of.

When did you start charging shipping for an exchange?

I don't know the exact date, but a few years ago is right. If you have the service plan, it waives S&H on replacement equipment. If you don't, its $15 for shipping.

I had a 722 replaced last spring. No service plan and no charge.

I had it done twice on the house, most recent was Feb 2010. The second time they convinced me to sign up, because I was afriad that the replacement (third of the same model) would repeat. I was "told" that if there is a 3-peat they would change my model out for another. Hadn't had a problem since. The first two malfunctioned when power went out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts