Now Dish really pissed me off

I am to a Dish Sub in St. Louis. VS was blacked out on Dish, but I understand Uverse had it on.

i called dish during cfb season about and espn blackout game (co vs fl st) in st. louis and they tell that the network does the blocking out. now if that is the case, how did uverse get this game?

I am to a Dish Sub in St. Louis. VS was blacked out on Dish, but I understand Uverse had it on.

i called dish during cfb season about and espn blackout game (co vs fl st) in st. louis and they tell that the network does the blocking out. now if that is the case, how did uverse get this game?

I had issues with ESPN a few times last football season where they'd tell me that it was blacked out because it was on another channel that was available in my market... sure couldn't figure out what that channel was though.

When did ESPN start doing regional coverage anyway. Until last season, I had thought that all of their games were national coverage.

If your main want for HD is your RSN's, nothing is going to beat you local cable company. They only have to deal with a few RSN's, not every one across the country. And since D* has positioned themselves as the sports leader, you will get better RSN coverage with D* than with E*. U-verse and FIOS aren't widely available options, so most people have cable, E*, or D* as their choices. For sports, E* is the worst of the 3, it's well-known and has been this way for some time.

When you have to justify your worth by the amount you pay each month, it's the sign of being a dip. A single $140/mo account doesn't mean jack. Now if you had a few hundred accounts paying that each month, they might care.

And as has been stated, DISH can't control blackouts. The sports teams and programming carriers dictate where blackouts occur. Which means VS, didn't want you to see that game *gasp*.

No, it has nothing to do with being a dip. It has EVERYTHING to do with standing up for what YOU believe in. Maybe a $140. a month sub means nothing to E* but add all the subs they lose and it does add up. I'm next btw!

Jeff

No, it has nothing to do with being a dip. It has EVERYTHING to do with standing up for what YOU believe in. Maybe a $140. a month sub means nothing to E* but add all the subs they lose and it does add up. I'm next btw!

Jeff

People who stand up for their principles (what they believe in) don't need to justify their worth using a monthly bill. They take action or voice their opinion because it's right or just, not because above all else it's what they want (channel whiners, yes there's a classification for these people now).

Don't try to take the high moral ground when your motivations are far more earthbound. And certainly don't mask it as something other than. This isn't a "we all deserve" or "by law we should have" thread. This is another "I want" "DISH better give me now!" thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts