Now I have a weird video setup issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I have 2 Voom boxes and since my projector is off to the factory, I went to my other TV to watch some stuff and the vertical is stretched. I have the video settings identical to my other box and it displays HD channels in a 16:9 format on the little analog monitor I use in my HT room, whereas this box diplays with the vertical stretched so everyone looks really skinny. I tried every setting in the video setup and nothing changes, I even tried resetting the box.

Any ideas? I don't know when this happened, but it used to display correctly, maybe after the newest software download? I only watched this box once to set it up initially and everything was ok. :confused:

The only thing that comes to mind is what resolution is the box set to?

Press the red button on the front panel and see if both boxes are set the same.

Bill

It doesn't matter, I am viewing via composite video output. I did try putting it in 480i but it didn't help. I'll try putting it on Auto because that's where the other one is.

OK, problem solved, I set the box to Auto and it now works, WTF? It doesn't make since that the composite port woud change aspect based on the HD setting. Oh well, it works now, that's all I care about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts