Now i'm confused: BBC HR20 MPEG 2 MPEG 4 Lite HD WHAT??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stewart715

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
I'm very confused and I would appreciate some clearing up. I think alot of us would.

I would like the following questions answered, please:

1. Is DirecTV currently broadcasting their HD channels in MPEG-4?
2. If so, do I need the 5-LNB dish to recieve the MPEG-4 signal?
3. When using the new HR20 and the 5-LNB dish, do I need to use the BBC?
4. What is this business about Lite-HD or not fully HD?
5. When are the new HD channels coming out?
6. On my 5-LNB dish there's only 4 outputs. Is there anyway to get more by using another multiplexer?

Thank you to all who answer :)

1. The LIL HD and RSN HD are, but not all HD is.

2. Yes

3. BBC? British Broadcasting Corporation? Please explain; and yes I know you don't really mean the British Broadcasting Corporation.

4. Most DBS (and maybe some cable cos) are down rezzing their HD offerings; not showing them at there full resolutions.

5. Best answer: when they come out; new LIL HD and RSNs are rolling out. National HD likely after 4/07.

6. Yes.

I believe the BBC he is refering to is the adapter that comes with the H20 and HR20 for use with the 5LNB dish. You will need that when connecting a 5LNB dish to your H20 or HR20 receiver.

OK, never read it as BBC just the "converter"; so I now assume BBC = b-band converter.

Last edited:
stewart715 said:
3. When using the new HR20 and the 5-LNB dish, do I need to use the BBC?

6. On my 5-LNB dish there's only 4 outputs. Is there anyway to get more by using another multiplexer?
3. Only if you want to get the MPEG-4 feeds. Good rule of thumb, put it on if you need it or not so it is there when you do need it.

6. The correct term is multiswitch and yes, you can get either the Zinwell WB68 (8 feeds) or the WB616 (16 feeds).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)