Now let's get truthful about AVATAR.

But I still think it has a weak plot and the acting was average – this was rather surprising for a movie of such caliber and coming from James Cameron. I truly expected more.

I think he was more caught up in the whole CGI 3D aspect of the movie. He really neglected the rest. Compared to Titanic, Aliens, Terminator, etc., it is not his best work as far as plot and acting.

ripped the BLURAY, total cost? $2.00
My media player plays the 50GB ISO flawless.

Ilya- I agree the acting was average but I thought the story was what carried it for me.

OK watched it again last night and I change my mind. The acting was superb!

The image quality was excellent, too. I now see that I was personally distracted by the 3D impact when I saw it before. Lack of 3D allowed me to get into the story more deeply. This storyline is definitely a plus for a sequel. I hope they make one.

I look forward to the extra features and then I will purchase.

The 47 Gb has to do with it's AVC @ 29 Mbs and 1.78 AR and 162 minutes long.

Last edited:
I will probably watch the blu ray, but after seeing it at the Imax in 3D, I imagine the home version will be under-whelming.

Quite a few people swears the story is the exact same story as Dances With Wolves. When they explain themselves, it does sound like it.

This is one I'll be renting. I refuse to pay full price for an obvious double (or I've heard triple) dip. I enjoyed the movie. I went in expecting the plot and acting would be underwhelming and both far exceeded my expectations.

Just got it from Amazon last night. Watched it. And liked it. My expectations wasn't high after reading all the reviews of it. But it held my interested through the whole movie even though the story line has been done many times. While watching it, I was thinking about how it must have looked in 3-d. I can see this movie really making 3-d look good.

I'll watch it again since it is now in my collection. But i think it worth at least a rental to see what the all the hoopla was about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts