Now that Fox is back, when can we get our ABC/ESPN channels back.....please.

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Yes, I already know the answer but I’m asking anyway. Now that the dust has settled on the Fox mess when are we going to get these channels back. It’s been 4 months! I have kids so having to watch Disney and ABC Family in SD is blah (of course I miss ESPN News in HD). Any progress??? I just want to get back to where we were 4 months ago. I’d LOVE to see ESPNU in HD also. It’s been a LONG time since we have seen some new national HD (besides the Sony channel). Time to go forward again in getting new HD instead of fighting to get the old stuff back.

Yes, I already know the answer but I’m asking anyway. Now that the dust has settled on the Fox mess when are we going to get these channels back. It’s been 4 months! I have kids so having to watch Disney and ABC Family in SD is blah (of course I miss ESPN News in HD). Any progress??? I just want to get back to where we were 4 months ago. I’d LOVE to see ESPNU in HD also. It’s been a LONG time since we have seen some new national HD (besides the Sony channel). Time to go forward again in getting new HD instead of fighting to get the old stuff back.

If watching those channels in HD is THAT important to the kids, there's always DirecTv, cable or Fios for you to consider.

Probably when the other Disney channels contracts are about to expire.

Whenever that is......

If I recall correctly and that's a big if, Disney says E* owes a dump truck loaded with cash to them for providing the four removed HD channels when it didn't have a contract for doing so. I don't see E* handing over that loot without something in return. If Disney wants to charge separately for the HD channels, it needs to allow E* to not provide the SD version at the same time to the same customer so that there isn't double charging. Of course, Disney wants to double charge so who knows how or when this will end.

Ohh yeah I'd love to have all of them back.. and most certainly ESPNU in HD!!

CHARLIE JUST NEEDS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE AND QUIT HAVING THESE PROGRAMMING DISPUTES :D:)

isn't Dish in a lawsuit with Disney over carrying these channels or is it over something else, all i know is these channels aren't coming back unless Disney's other channels on Dish's contract expires real soon.

Dish is in no hurry to work this out, they will have to pay more cash (and settle the past bill with Disney) for the channels. I suspect it will take another contract negotiation before Disney forces Dish to carry.

Why would you miss ESPN NEWS HD ?
Most of the programming on that channel was in SD anyway.

This one isn't a DISH problem, they are actively fighting Disney ABC in court about this. DISNEY wants to be paid EXTRA for the HD feeds when up until this point the HD feed was provided to DISH with the SD feed at no extra charge.

DISH just had a ruling in their favor in the court about this, however Disney is now appealing the ruling leaving us the customers stuck in limbo.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This one isn't a DISH problem, they are actively fighting Disney ABC in court about this. DISNEY wants to be paid EXTRA for the HD feeds when up until this point the HD feed was provided to DISH with the SD feed at no extra charge.

DISH just had a ruling in their favor in the court about this, however Disney is now appealing the ruling leaving us the customers stuck in limbo.

So I assume Direct agreed to pay extra for the HD feed?

So I assume Direct agreed to pay extra for the HD feed?
One could assume that... but that is anyones guess I haven't seen any evidence which answers that.

The HD shutoff was a surprise to DISH which is why they put up the technical difficulties slate when they went off. They honestly expected them back that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)