NOW THAT THE JETS SPANKED TENNESSEE...

TITANS are still the best team in the AFC for now. We all knew they would eventually lose a game so now since that is out of the way we'll see but we learned more about the jets today for sure.

Titans are still #1.

IMO, the Titans are less concerened about an unbeaten season; what they want is a Super Bowl, regardless of how many regular-season losses they have.

So basically u guys think that New England was the best team in the NFL last year even though they lost the super bowl. Obviously the Jets are a better team than the Titans. the game wasn't even close.

uh oh juan...you started a new thread when it should be in the NFL thread :rolleyes: ;)

Hope you don't make a Titans fan quit posting here :rolleyes:

So basically u guys think that New England was the best team in the NFL last year even though they lost the super bowl. Obviously the Jets are a better team than the Titans. the game wasn't even close.

to me the better team is the one that wins in the superbowl. not the team that goes 18-1 the 1 being a loss in the most important game in a season.

i respect your opinion but to me the titans are still the best in the AFC. any team can win or lose on any given sunday no matter who you are. the jets win means a lot to them but i don't think the titans are going to roll over and die because of this one loss ;)

Well - we all know that all that matters really is winning the SuperBowl. So should we not watch and root and discuss the regular season anymore?

I don't think anyone is assuming anything - certainly not after last year (among many other years).

But some teams do get noticeably better each and every week - those are the ones that you have to watch out for. Teams that peak too early often suffer later in the year.

Well - we all know that all that matters really is winning the SuperBowl. So should we not watch and root and discuss the regular season anymore?

I don't think anyone is assuming anything - certainly not after last year (among many other years).

But some teams do get noticeably better each and every week - those are the ones that you have to watch out for. Teams that peak too early often suffer later in the year.

:up

Well......the Raiders did beat the Jets, who then beat the Titans....sooooo.....that makes the raiders the NO 1 team! just kidding, i know, any given sunday....

Well......the Raiders did beat the Jets, who then beat the Titans....sooooo.....that makes the raiders the NO 1 team! just kidding, i know, any given sunday....
I know, any given Sunday. But for me, taking out the Titans and not having a letdown after beating the Pats is pretty convincing. I have never been a JETS fan but I just love the story. Favre, Jets? I can picture him taking them all the way.

I know, any given Sunday. But for me, taking out the Titans and not having a letdown after beating the Pats is pretty convincing. I have never been a JETS fan but I just love the story. Favre, Jets? I can picture him taking them all the way.

No doubt...it is a big accomplishment. But because of how close we are to parity in the NFL....the words I have highlighted have never been truer!

Any given Sunday is certainly true, but making the playoffs and getting a good seed for home field is about regular season consistency. The Titans have been the most consistent team, which means the road to the Super Bowl will most likely run through Nashville.

Having said that, the AFC playoff picture will be totally wide open. The Titans will be the favorites as they'll have home field, but it would not shock if the Jets, Steelers, Patriots or Ravens got hot in January and advanced. You can even make a case for the Ravens, Bills, Broncos, and Chargers if they can get their regular season act together and actually make the playoffs.

Sandra

BINGO !! We have a winner!

Being a Raiders fans, I don't hink the J-E-T-S shold do too much talking....:rolleyes:

I think Jets fans should talk as much as possible because each and every step of the way, people come up with new ways to doubt them. When they got Favre, they said he was going to be mediocre. They said the Jets will at best be 8-8. They said that chances are they prob still wouldn't make the playoffs and certainly not win the division. They said that it'll take all season for Favre and the Jets to gel together. The prediction was that the Jets would end up 3rd or last in the AFC East and miss the playoffs.

After the Jets lost to the Pats the first time - everyone started saying - 'same ole Jets' and 'i told you so'. Patriots press referred to the fact that despite not having Brady, it was silly to think they'd still lose to the "lowly Jets".

Now, after winning 5 in a row, the Jets are still not getting too much respect despite beating apparently the best AFC team out there in their own turf.

So, you know what - I think Jets fans should talk as much as they can because you know as SOON as the Jets lose their next game, people are going to say, "I TOLD YOU SO." and belittle the "lowly Jets" once again.

So revel in it while you can because people are just waiting for the Jets to stumble. There's still a lot of football to play and nothing is a lock by any means. Despite apparently easy schedules (actually, I think half of the remaining teams have winning records?), the Jets have shown a penchant for playing to the level of the opposition. I think it's too early to call the season and too early to think the Jets are in the postseason. (But I'm from the Joe Walton days where disappointment was a priority.)

Enjoy it while it lasts because people are just not going to respect Gang Green.

My own point of view is that regardless of the outcome of the season, I think the most valuable thing that the Jets may have gained is confidence which they have lacked for the longest time. That's what I think Favre brought to the team and I just hope the Jets can continue to build on that long after Favre is gone.

Paterno says he'll 'run out of that tunnel next year

Sports things I don't understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)