NOW THAT THE JETS SPANKED TENNESSEE...

I think Jets fans should talk as much as possible because each and every step of the way, people come up with new ways to doubt them. When they got Favre, they said he was going to be mediocre. They said the Jets will at best be 8-8. They said that chances are they prob still wouldn't make the playoffs and certainly not win the division. They said that it'll take all season for Favre and the Jets to gel together. The prediction was that the Jets would end up 3rd or last in the AFC East and miss the playoffs.

After the Jets lost to the Pats the first time - everyone started saying - 'same ole Jets' and 'i told you so'. Patriots press referred to the fact that despite not having Brady, it was silly to think they'd still lose to the "lowly Jets".

Now, after winning 5 in a row, the Jets are still not getting too much respect despite beating apparently the best AFC team out there in their own turf.

So, you know what - I think Jets fans should talk as much as they can because you know as SOON as the Jets lose their next game, people are going to say, "I TOLD YOU SO." and belittle the "lowly Jets" once again.

So revel in it while you can because people are just waiting for the Jets to stumble. There's still a lot of football to play and nothing is a lock by any means. Despite apparently easy schedules (actually, I think half of the remaining teams have winning records?), the Jets have shown a penchant for playing to the level of the opposition. I think it's too early to call the season and too early to think the Jets are in the postseason. (But I'm from the Joe Walton days where disappointment was a priority.)

Enjoy it while it lasts because people are just not going to respect Gang Green.

Paging Sandra...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)