NPS CHAT LOG 4/20/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Welcome.
[moderator] We would like to begin with your questions.
[4DTV] Hi Mike, So what is the status with getting G3 looking better?

[Mike_Mountford] You know I've got to follow up on that. We were making good progress and I turned it over to the engineers and I haven't heard anything back from them. funny how that works. I"m making a note now.

[4DTV] Groovy

[Mike_Mountford] We were waiting for a Motorola field engineer to finish his vacation, but that shoud have been done a couple of weeks ago. so I apologize and I will follow up.

[4DTV] What are the chances of doing another poll to see if a channel less viewed on G3 can be removed and be replaced by Nick?

[Mike_Mountford] Little to none. Based on the amount of negative feedback we took when we took the MTV network down, we are not going to do that again. It is one thing to bring up a channel. It's a whole different story to take one away from somebody.

[bill] Is there going to be any adjustments or additional packages coming available? There is not as much choices anymore it seems like.

[Mike_Mountford] Really? We have the same amount of choices that we've had for the last couple years. We've added a few channels, and only taken off the one mentioned above. We're trying our best to give everybody what they want, but as they say, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

[4DTV] What are the chances then to get Nick too which is Nick W from the C3 mux.

[Mike_Mountford] If the C3 mux is on HITS, then we can work on it. I am not sure right now if it is. If you know, please let me know.

[bill] what about weather channel, will it be coming back? I'm talking about all the old packages that used to be available. Now then most of the packages are based on satellite. Analog packages are gone.

[Mike_Mountford] Yes, analog packages are gone. Everything is in digital now, and we have to abide by certain contractual agreements in our packaging, which are different in digital than they were in analog. As for the weather channel...it is in megapipe mode which unfortunately 4DTV receivers do not decode.

[4DTV] No the C3 mux is the MTV master mux from Viacom that has nick too in it. It will work with the 4DTV.

[Mike_Mountford] I don't believe it will work with the 4DTV or else we would have it already. My guess is that it's Scientific Atlanta format, which is also not decoded by a 4DTV receiver.

[Mike_Mountford] In fact, MTV Networks have done all their digital uplinks in an SA format as far as I know.

[4DTV] Trust me Mike it will work with the 4DTV. I can receive it I just can't subscribe to it. It is DC 2 19510 3/4 just like your G3 channels are now.

[Mike_Mountford] Okay, I'll run this by my engineer...I'm making a note on the same piece of paper that I used previously to remind me to check on the G3 situation so I can do both at the same time.

[bill] Do you know why the blackout rules are different for TBS then they are for TNT and WPIX?

[Mike_Mountford] Yes. There are different leagues involved. I don't remember all the particulars right now. but the NBA, for example, is a national deal with TBS so there is no blackouts (YIPPEE!). Baseball is tricky, and it is on a team-by-team basis with 162 games per team makes it very hard to keep up with...even if you have the right equipment and as many people have told me many times, the 4DTV is not the "right equipment" unfortunately.

[4DTV] Thank you Mike :)

[Mike_Mountford] We keep trying!

[bill] Are you aware of ever getting any sports channels in the future on the big dish?

[Mike_Mountford] No, not that I am aware of. We keep trying to find opportunities. And right now, other than ESPN, we do have a fair amount of sports. But I understand the situation. I'm a sports lover also and we'll keep trying.

[4DTV] Tell your engineer its transponder # 15 service # 10 on C3

[Mike_Mountford] thank you

[Mike_Mountford] Okay everybody. That's about all I have for today. Thank you very much for your participation. I can assure you that we will continue to work for Cband every day.

well, here's hoping. They called me to go "hey, you have to renew, your programming is about to expire!"
and I went "I've switched to a different provider until you can get your act together (G3 quality and stop pushing DN on us c-banders"

probably won't help, but you would hope that the CSRs take notes on the customer contact screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)