NPS chat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DANG IT! I REALLY meant to attend too. I'll have to set a reminder in my Notes calendar.

The transcript was an interestng read! I'm curious as to this 'new platform' for HD. I wonder if it'll be Scientific Atlanta... Too bad Megapipe isn't going to happen :(.

That was a very interesting read, thanks for posting the link. It's nice to hear that there's at least a chance that we might be getting more HD. Anybody have any idea as to what this "other platform" might be?

Other platform....

iammike said:
That was a very interesting read, thanks for posting the link. It's nice to hear that there's at least a chance that we might be getting more HD. Anybody have any idea as to what this "other platform" might be?

probably another word for EXPENSIVE!
jeff

Sighhh

hammerdown said:
Well, I'd pay more for all the HD channels they can give us on the BUD.
Hammer

Even though I just sprang for a new 922 + rebuilt hdd200...I guess I would spring again too. Depending on how radical they got and how good the PQ and sound were! Right now, My PQ and sound are excellent (in fact I cannot really see room for improvement especially in the HD mode...SD and DVD are nicely upconverted as well by the Plasma TV)SD signals from the 4dtv are great, even on my 8.ft dish w/10yr old Norstat 8000 17d LNB. Everything is really dialed in and I can even use the BUD for temporary FTA until I feel like mounting a separate antenna for it. (got all the stuff already). Even though it is not solid, the winegard gets great KU with a .6D Norstat KU LNB. They always said perforated aluminium was next best thing to solid!

The thought of yet another system to pioneer does not excite me too much though...after all 4DTV was an adventure back in 1997, and none of us really understood exactly what we were buying...other than it looked great!

Hell, I was still getting over the shock that everything was no longer free!!!! There was SO MUCH to see and for a short while...FREE

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)