Nps Iptv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
--Hi, all. Looking at the chat log on NPS website, I read something about an upcoming IPTV service. I thought that IPTV was internet based, but I thought I read in the chat log that this would be a C band service. How would the IPTV service work through a C band satellite? Thanks for any help.

I believe there are currently three satellite based IPTV services:

Intelsat has Intelsat IPTV: http://www.intelsat.com/_files/services/media/IPTV-factsheet.pdf

SES Americom has IP Prime:
http://www.ip-prime.tv/ipprime/index.php

Echostar has VIP-TV:
EchoStar ViP-TV™

Intelsat uses Galaxy 23 and Galaxy 13 Cband.
SES Americom uses AMC 9 Cband.
Echostar uses AMC 16 Ku Band.

Some IPTV services are internet based. But the service that NPS is hoping to implement is satellite based. The services are mainly for telecom and small cable companies who would receive the satellite signals and send the channels to customers over their own lines in IPTV format. NPS wants to set up a system where Cband owners can receive the satellite signals directly through a special set top box. I believe NPS will be using Intelsat for their IPTV.

I believe there are currently three satellite based IPTV services:

Intelsat has Intelsat IPTV: http://www.intelsat.com/_files/services/media/IPTV-factsheet.pdf

SES Americom has IP Prime:
http://www.ip-prime.tv/ipprime/index.php

Echostar has VIP-TV:
EchoStar ViP-TV™

Intelsat uses Galaxy 23 and Galaxy 13 Cband.
SES Americom uses AMC 9 Cband.
Echostar uses AMC 16 Ku Band.

Some IPTV services are internet based. But the service that NPS is hoping to implement is satellite based. The services are mainly for telecom and small cable companies who would receive the satellite signals and send the channels to customers over their own lines in IPTV format. NPS wants to set up a system where Cband owners can receive the satellite signals directly through a special set top box. I believe NPS will be using Intelsat for their IPTV.

I'd rather have a DVB-s2-DC2 mega receiver instead. I mean the ACC is already in place. Just need a receiver to pick up all those new full HD master feeds instead of the IPTV most likely hd lite. So anybody want to talk Motorola into building one for us?:eek:

NPS,
Give us the master feeds instead. Isn't that what Cband is all about? :D

--Has NPS determined what C band satellite they plan on using? Also, will a cable from the set-top box be run to my Motorola 4DTV and somehow decoded through the 4DTV (or will the set-top box be all we need?) I would hate to think I spent all that money on my DSR-922 receiver when all it takes is a little set-top box. Thanks for all your help.

If they use Intelsat's IPTV, then the satellites would be Galaxy 13 and Galaxy 23. The 4dtv would not process any of the signals. A separate set top box would process the IPTV signals. I think the 4dtv would only be used to move the dish to the correct satellite.

I'd rather have a DVB-s2-DC2 mega receiver instead. I mean the ACC is already in place. Just need a receiver to pick up all those new full HD master feeds instead of the IPTV most likely hd lite. So anybody want to talk Motorola into building one for us?:eek:

NPS,
Give us the master feeds instead. Isn't that what Cband is all about? :D

Good Luck on someone investing the R&D $$$$$$ to Motorola for building us a new receiver. The days of the masters for anyone except the MSO's headend's is almost extinct. As much as you or I wish for it, it's not going to happen. :(

Im not sold on IPTV myself, all I need is more disposible receivers. Expand the HITS platform using the new Starchoice HD receivers instead. Possibly only a few small mods to that box could do it.

I like the idea of using Starchoice receivers. I agree we don't need anymore proprietary disposable equipment. I had a whole pile (4) directv receivers that went in the trash that layed around here in the closet for three years.

They should just simply build on what we have. Besides how much would it really cost for motorola to make an integrated HD Digichipher receiver? Electronics from China are not expensive.

As long as Cable Headends are operational, the signals are there on a national beam.
The access control center is there and all we need it the ability to be authorized. I think it's more of a political problem that a hardware issue.

They would rather sell us on their watered down over-compressed "hey we have 1,000,000 HD channels for $39.95 for your first six months then your over-compressed pixeled -every time there is fast motion on the screen- goes up to regular price to about 100.00 per month for less than stellar pic quality.

A friend of mine had a pizza dish. You should see how terrible some of that HD is.
He said "ok, if I flip to the SD channel - look how much better the HD looks". The only problem was the SD was so bad it made the HD look good. I have some SD feeds that would rival the pizza's HD quality. Big flat tv's don't hide anything.

A friend of mine had a pizza dish. You should see how terrible some of that HD is.
He said "ok, if I flip to the SD channel - look how much better the HD looks". The only problem was the SD was so bad it made the HD look good. I have some SD feeds that would rival the pizza's HD quality. Big flat tv's don't hide anything.

That's there master plan. To make HD look like SD analog, if even. They are brainwashing the fools into it. It's all about making money and nothing else. I may get to a point that I won't subscribe to anything.

Instead I'll spend that cash on gear that can do all the backhauls and high bit codec's and enjoy the free stuff. Even if some channels may not be there all the time, I'll still have some quality pictures.

I think as C banders disappear, it will get to a point that they won't even secure the signals that well. They will put the feeds up there in without encryption since only a few left in the hobby will be watching. They will save money on playing tier bit costs etc. The bean counters will love it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)