NPS Subscribers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
o

on Digicipher subs
does anyone know how many are left ?

NPS has 24,000 I don't know what SRL and Skyvison has.

Talking about SRL and Skyvision here's something new I learned. Skyvision and SRL are each there own programmer. I though they were one in the same. They both have there own contracts with the programmers. Skyvision is just employing SRL to authorize the programming vs having there own call center.

well, I had also assumed that they were one in the same, just different package names & prices. does explain the differences tho .

I currently use SRL and when they set me up with their online system, they asked if I wanted to be able to do SRL or Skyvision online.. their websams isn't the best, but sure is better than nothing. I can order programming/change packages 24/7
(SRL sure has nicer CSR's too)

well, I had also assumed that they were one in the same, just different package names & prices. does explain the differences tho .

I currently use SRL and when they set me up with their online system, they asked if I wanted to be able to do SRL or Skyvision online.. their websams isn't the best, but sure is better than nothing. I can order programming/change packages 24/7
(SRL sure has nicer CSR's too)

But the best thing is that your not put on hold for long periods of time and then someone is pushing to sell you something.

If the channels went up by a dollar or two a month, people might still be willing to pay.

I just received my NPS bill for renewal which I subscribe and pay for a year in advance! :river

It went up a lot more than a dollar or two!!!... :mad:

I subscribe to the 890 Absolute Digital Package and with the price increase I have to find something cheaper! My wife is begging for PIZZA!!!...:eek:

Don't know if pizza will be cheaper since they will hook you into a 2 year contract then ram it to you when your intro offer is up. Don't expect to terminate early without stiff penalties. And don't forget about rain fade. It's not what they make it look to be on the cover. Let the buyer beware.

Yeah I hate pizza! :p

When they are talking 50 dollars a month at NPS, it is getting scary and that is paying by the year! I am looking into SRL and also cutting down the package size. I used to watch History Int most every day and I miss it. To get it and all the other good channels I had/have on 4dtv would be over 60 dollars a month on pizza. I was in the 30s before this price increase and it was even more of a savings over pizza! The only thing with the pizza is that the one package has some of the few channels we cannot get on 4dtv but less of the few that "I" want. The wife and daughter are interested in those "missing" channels and it would be cheaper than what my package cost with this price increase! The mrs did say to play with the FTA and just shut the 4dtv thing off!!! :eek:

dishman:
it's really hard to compare the packages between providers.. I've put together a couple spreadsheets to try and help.. one of the problems with these big packages is that one will have a couple channels you want but not others, and some other package will be the reverse.
with SRL I go with the w5 super which is $30 a month.. and then discovery 4pak which is $4.. at least for me it covers most all of the bases.. only thing really missing for my wife is food network.. but you can only get that in a bigger package ($50 a month) or by adding the scripps mini pak, which duplicates many channels and is like $11/month
I'm going to be re-visiting SRLs W5 pick 10

Just got off the phone with NPS a little bit ago!

They are telling me that History International should be back before too long! :rolleyes: I hope that this turns out to be true!!!...

I was not happy with my renewal bill for the 890 Absolute digital Pack that I received. After talking to the NPS rep and pushing a few buttons it will be a little over $39 a month paid for 1 year in advance. They were talking $49 a month plus the uplink fee which would of put it even higher. To get our channels on a Pizza, I would have to get the $63 plus tax package on Dish which does include VH1 Classic. Last year my NPS package worked out to a little over $36 a month which would like I said it will go up to $39.

When I compared to the equivilent SRL package, some of my favorite channels were not in the SRL pack and the asking price was $49 a month just like NPS... But by the year SRL works out to a little over $42 a month and missing some channels! :eek:

The only thing on the Pizza that my daughter wants is Nickelodeon and she missed a Disney show here and there. ABC family was one that we wished we could of received on occasion too! :(

To NPS or not to NPS... that I must decide... soon! ;)

They are telling me that History International should be back before too long! :rolleyes: I hope that this turns out to be true!!!...

NPS blows allot of smoke so I wouldn't hold my breath too long. :(

When I compared to the equivilent SRL package, some of my favorite channels were not in the SRL pack and the asking price was $49 a month just like NPS... But by the year SRL works out to a little over $42 a month and missing some channels! :eek:
SRL has a different flavor of channels than NPS and has more W5 channels. Check out Skyvision too.

The only thing on the Pizza that my daughter wants is Nickelodeon and she missed a Disney show here and there. ABC family was one that we wished we could of received on occasion too! :(
Nick, Abc Family and Disney are sore points with C band. They are on C band and 4DTV compatible. The story goes that ABC/Disney/ESPN don't want to sell to us. I think the truth is that NPS don't want to pay the price they want like Bio etc. Nick is another screwup and even worse since if you have any of the Viacom MTV network channels on W5 your paying for Nick. Since NPS won't get us the masters on C3 which includes Nick west we pay for a channel they won't provide. The way the contract is written is NPS pays for and has access to sell ALL the MTV suite channels. So were getting screwed. :rant:

This may help your daughter out. Some of the Disney shows are on Disney XD and the Nick shows are on teennick and nicktoons, we can get those.

I asked NPS once why they sell us Disney XD but not Disney and they had no answer :eek: Don't make sense :confused:

I wish at least the c band programmers would allow us all the channels that are up there in 4D mode. I would pay more than pizza prices to get all the original masters vs getting over compressed garbage that pizza provides. Without holding you hostage to there contracts for two years and bait and switch on your monthly fee's for everything they can dream up to charge you for.

I would check out Skyvision see if they can do anything if not then go with NPS since they seem to be giving you a special deal. I have to admit all my programming is with NPS right now and they have the best price for what I have. I have a couple grandfathered analog packages that make the price difference. Even though I don't like NPS that much anymore and have been with them since 92 they still get my money.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how much a SD video transponder is on 97 West. Find some investors and start uplinking channels directly.

I know in the CATV world, ESPN is one of the most expensive channels to carry for the CATV provider.

I liked the absolute digital pack from nps until they added channels and raised the price way up. The prices are starting to fall in line with cable and pizza dish services. As c banders, we always had the price advantage and the best alacarte choices. The advantages and choices are narrowing for us. If it was not for HITS on w5, our systems would really suffer.
Since HD has gained popularity, our platform is a bit limited for HD. It does not have to be but politics have chosen the path.

I was not happy with my renewal bill for the 890 Absolute digital Pack that I received. After talking to the NPS rep and pushing a few buttons it will be a little over $39 a month paid for 1 year in advance. They were talking $49 a month plus the uplink fee which would of put it even higher. To get our channels on a Pizza, I would have to get the $63 plus tax package on Dish which does include VH1 Classic. Last year my NPS package worked out to a little over $36 a month which would like I said it will go up to $39.

There is no new information on History International or Biography - just got off the phone with NPS again! :mad:

The pricing that I mentioned for the 890 Absolute Digital Pack is not available to me as I was told just a few days ago. This is special pricing for if I upgraded to a higher price package or if I was a new customer!!!... :eek:

There is no new information on History International or Biography - just got off the phone with NPS again! :mad:

The pricing that I mentioned for the 890 Absolute Digital Pack is not available to me as I was told just a few days ago. This is special pricing for if I upgraded to a higher price package or if I was a new customer!!!... :eek:

You would think NPS would want to retain there current customers. Think they need a retention department.

> You would think NPS would want to retain there current customers. Think they need a retention department.

Nope, I think they are taking the CHASE Credit Card method to current customers. F~1 them over while you can.

Overstayed my welcome!

This is a positive for NPS and 4DTV in general! :up

I was at a freinds house checking out their new LCD TV. My tail was a waggin' like a dog with excitement! :) My inspection was quite complete when they turned on the "direct pizza" service.

My immediate reaction was," WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR PICTURE???!!!..." :eek:

I am spoiled by the quality from the 4DTV and lack of from the pizza! When people see my setup, they think that it is in HD! :D

My visit was cut short that night... :confused:

This is a positive for NPS and 4DTV in general! :up

I was at a freinds house checking out their new LCD TV. My tail was a waggin' like a dog with excitement! :) My inspection was quite complete when they turned on the "direct pizza" service.

My immediate reaction was," WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR PICTURE???!!!..." :eek:

I am spoiled by the quality from the 4DTV and lack of from the pizza! When people see my setup, they think that it is in HD! :D

My visit was cut short that night... :confused:

Facts are facts and people can't accept it. Here's what I found. Pizza HD at it's best is close to a 4DTV SD master but not quite. Pizza SD that's just a joke. I wish there was a way that we could subscribe to ALL the 4DTV masters. I was watching some hidden master stuff the last couple days ITC that is now encrypted again, sure is a shame we can't sub to it. If I had money I would open up my own programming business for the 4DTV. I would pay the programmers what they want not like NPS and offer the channels to those who are willing to pay whatever for the best so no bargains here. I wouldn't be greedy and make a very small profit for my time. We all like nice pictures on our new HDTV's and the 4DTV SD masters supply just that.

Last edited:
I know that my commercial subscription to the Weather Channel went up for the next contract. The Affiliate rep had no answer for me as to why.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts