Number of Events and Timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BearHuntr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I have a 622 and was wondering if the newer models of receivers allow for a larger number of total events and/or total timers? Our limit seems to be about 574 events and around 94 timers. Is that the same for everyone with a 622? Thanks!

Scott.

Back when Dish created its first DVR (the 501), it had 10 timers.

One of my claims to fame, is that I convinced the Engineering Department that one really needed many more than that for a DVR. :eek: :cool:

PS I would assume all 622s have the same timer limits.

You can have exactly 96 timers on the 622/722 and then you are blocked out.
You can have about 36 search items before it starts overwriting them.
I use the searches as timer backup for programs seldom available and lower ranked.
I need about twice those numbers even though I have 2 722s to split them over.
Thus if I had only one receiver I would need about 4 times as many as there are.
-Ken

While the 96 timers limitation is correct, there is another limitation that is has no relation to the number of timers: the number of EVENTS. The number of events can be viewed in the Daily Schedule display. However, it is important that you select "Show Skipped" to see the true number of events in memory. I believe the current limit on number of event is about 323. I know someone out there has the precise number.

So, in other words, you may have as few as 15 timers, but will max out your event memory if you timer certain shows that may be aired as many as 30, 40, even 50 times in a week using the All, or New Episodes feature. Such shows include many on MTV (particularly their marathons, but a new and previous episodes of The Real World can number as many as 45 events in a week) History's Modern Marvels series (had been in the 30's and 40's in the past), and many children's programs that air every day at several times a day. Hitting this limit has occurred to a fair number of those on this board. In fact, the current 300+ event was the result of complaints from many that the previous limit was too low. Personally, I am a bit over 300 events on my 722 now.

However, if you tend to record commercial broadcast networks or shows that only show a few times a week, this limitation should not be a problem. Just be aware if you notice that you will no longer be allowed to make timers and you are below the 96 timer limit

While the 96 timers limitation is correct, there is another limitation that is has no relation to the number of timers: the number of EVENTS. The number of events can be viewed in the Daily Schedule display. However, it is important that you select "Show Skipped" to see the true number of events in memory. I believe the current limit on number of event is about 323. I know someone out there has the precise number.

So, in other words, you may have as few as 15 timers, but will max out your event memory if you timer certain shows that may be aired as many as 30, 40, even 50 times in a week using the All, or New Episodes feature. Such shows include many on MTV (particularly their marathons, but a new and previous episodes of The Real World can number as many as 45 events in a week) History's Modern Marvels series (had been in the 30's and 40's in the past), and many children's programs that air every day at several times a day. Hitting this limit has occurred to a fair number of those on this board. In fact, the current 300+ event was the result of complaints from many that the previous limit was too low. Personally, I am a bit over 300 events on my 722 now.

However, if you tend to record commercial broadcast networks or shows that only show a few times a week, this limitation should not be a problem. Just be aware if you notice that you will no longer be allowed to make timers and you are below the 96 timer limit

If you notice in my original post, I am aware of the event limit, which appears to be 574. I just want to know if the 722 series or the new 922 will increase this max number of events (and the max number of timers) as I seem to keep hitting it even with tweaking some program timers. The event limit seems to be incredibly stupid.

The event max is 576 (288 on the 522/625). Whichever max you hit first, timers or events, limits the other.

How about the 211? It was introduced with 10. A Dish rep said he thought it might now be the same as the 622 but I've been unable to get the real answer. Is it the same whether or not you've activated the DVR conversion?