Number of posts no longer displayed under avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see the post count. Is this theme dependent?
I thought it was but I would have presumed the OP would have correlated that they maybe just changed the theme/style they used with things disappearing. Scott confirmed that it was in fact removed, but he probably missed a theme/style (for now). I use the "Fresh Blue" theme and couldn't tell you if the post count was ever there or not...

Post count still shows in SatelliteGuys Classic (Pub Members Only). Haven't checked in others but did confirm that post count does not show in the "Fresh Blue" theme. Thanks.

Post count still shows in SatelliteGuys Classic (Pub Members Only). Haven't checked in others but did confirm that post count does not show in the "Fresh Blue" theme. Thanks.
I'm not seeing that. Classic does not have Post Count when I use it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Honest answer post whores who just post one word replies like "cool" "Neat" "sucks" etc just to see their post count go up. Those posts add nothing to the conversations. The admins have been talking and we are actually considering resetting some of these folks post counts back to zero. I would name names but if you read often you probably know the folks we are referring to.

But if you do want to see someones post count you can click on their name and it shows in the pop up box that displays.

A positive side note about doing this is by removing it it removes 2 database calls, which means less work for the servers. :D

In other words quality rather than quantity, right ?

I think it´s a good thing. :)

Yes currently
I sympathize Tony as I am at about the same point.

However, the way I figure it these days, 10k posts are enough to allow you to bus tables and wash glasses in the pub. It takes 20k to get a drink these days.

What? I am going to have to have a talk with our Bartender Bobby. Let the drinks flow no matter how many posts. :D

A positive side note about doing this is by removing it it removes 2 database calls, which means less work for the servers. :D
Unless they store the user's post count in a separate table from all of the other data, it shouldn't require additional queries. Whether you grab one, some or all fields in a table, it can be done with just one query.

Then again, object oriented programming was never really about runtime efficiency or giving the programmer control over how things were actually implemented.

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)