Number of posts no longer displayed under avatar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always knew it was there, but it never really meant anything ... the only time it meant anything is when some one hit a big round number ...

A solution for a non-existent problem, IMO.
Not if you saw the number of complaints we have been getting as of late. :)

We have been watching it for awhile as well as other strange things (like one person posts a bunch of times... and then logs in via another account to like what he just posted.)

Kind of silly and sad at the same time.

We have been watching it for awhile as well as other strange things (like one person posts a bunch of times... and then logs in via another account to like what he just posted.)

Kind of silly and sad at the same time.

Oh Man, com 'on Scott you have to tell us who that is.

That's some funny stuff.... and sad lol....

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

A solution for a non-existent problem, IMO.
Some may not have noticed it, but it has been an issue for the staff. Member complaints on certain posters via the report button. Threads turning into a garbage fest over people getting more posts. Ect.

And it appeared that the problem was escalating in some areas.

Reactions: WiCkeDuDe
I must admit that when the full member list was available, I used to monitor my position in the post count view. I even made a few garbage posts to keep myself in the top 100.

Probably better this way.

I must admit that when the full member list was available, I used to monitor my position in the post count view. I even made a few garbage posts to keep myself in the top 100.

Probably better this way.
Member list is still there, you just have to click on it.

I hope the powers that be aren't counting my many posts in the "post whore" threads. :(

There is a big difference in having a little fun once in awhile as opposed to constantly spamming the site with crap on a daily basis. :)
All I know is the one day I came on and 2 pages long in the New Post Section was the same poster.
Finally page 3 had some other members, but that same poster was on the 3rd page as well.

And none of it was informative.
It was mostly 5 or less words.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Some may not have noticed it, but it has been an issue for the staff. Member complaints on certain posters via the report button.
People were reporting posts that just said "yeah" or "neat" and so on ? There's nothing wrong, off-topic, offensive, etc about posts like that. Effectively the reporter is complaining that the person is gaining "post counts" ?

All I know is the one day I came on and 2 pages long in the New Post Section was the same poster.
Finally page 3 had some other members, but that same poster was on the 3rd page as well.

And none of it was informative.
It was mostly 5 or less words.
We've also got the "I'll just post a link to a story from another site and not even state my opinion on this" posters. In some sub-forums, they would fill the entire 1st page (posts from others were pushed down/off the page).

Reactions: TNGTony and Troch77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts