NY Locals in DC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cavallino

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
midatlantic
Hi all. I live in the metropolitan Washington DC area (zip code 22308) and want to "move" to NY to receive NY locals. Is it possible to do this and, if so, where do I need to "move" to?

Until recently, I had Directv but used my former home in NY as my service address, and had no trouble continuing to receive all the NY locals. I would like to continue to do this with Dish if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Went ahead and tried it but I'm not receiving any of the NY locals. When I tune to one of the locals I'm getting a message saying "you cannot receive this channel outside the designated viewing area." Does this mean I can't pick up the NY spot beam, or is there some equipment tweaking I could do to fix it?

Did you call Dish to "move" your address back to the NY area?

What is your dish setup? Is it an Eastern Arc (61.5/72/77) or Western Arc (110/119/129) or something other?

Guys, thanks for your responses. Yes, I called Dish to "move" back to NY, and the channels appear on the guide but when I tune them in I get the error message that I'm outside the designated viewing area.

It looks like I'm on the eastern arc sats as those are the ones showing up in my system setup menu. I think I have a Dish 500 with a 722 receiver, plus they added a second dish to pick up 118.7 for international programming but I don't know what dish model that is (I don't subscribe to the international programming anymore).

What would be required to pick up the western arc, and would the NY locals come in HD from the western arc or just sd? I want not just the network locals but the NY regional sports also (sportsnet NY). Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts