NY MPEG4 locals - any issues for anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dtv

i spoke to D TV today and they told me that they moved the mpeg4 channels back to the 80"s. I asked them why they didnt tell anyone and she said she didnt know...............................I asked for level 2 and they told me the same

i spoke to D TV today and they told me that they moved the mpeg4 channels back to the 80"s. I asked them why they didnt tell anyone and she said she didnt know...............................I asked for level 2 and they told me the same

Just more mis-information from the techs at DirecTV.

I can receive these channels on my HD-Tivo which is only an mpeg2 receiver.

An interesting note (and one of the reasons I didn't notice this as quickly as some)

My HR20-700 doesn't seem to react as badly to the same signal level (i.e. same strength reading) as my HR20-100 does. My 100 pixelates and is basically unwatchable, my 700 hums right along.

Obviously, there are many variables in play, but it's interesting, in the least.

Anyone else seeing a similar pattern?

I have the HR20-700. Maybe that's why I only have problems in the mornings and not all day like others.

99b transponder 3 signal strength up to 80% from 18% this morning! Channels are coming in fine.

Thank you DirecTV.

Anyone else?

99b transponder 3 signal strength up to 80% from 18% this morning! Channels are coming in fine.

Thank you DirecTV.

Anyone else?

That is good to see that they are working on it. I would hold off my praises until you will be reading levels in the 90's. 80 means that you may get rain fade even with light rain. KA band is a lot more affected by rain than KU.

Now reading 92 on 99b TP3 in 06468 on my problematic HR20-100. Very positive sign.

I'm getting 85 here in 06410, about 20 miles outside of the dma.

Looks like they fixed most of it. Coverage of CT is not perfect but will work for most.

ABC, 7, has tons of problems. I'd say the picture breaks up 4-5 times an hour... It doesn't happen on any other channel.

NY MPEG Problems

At best I get heavy pixelation in Eastern Long Island; must rely on 80, 82, 86, 88 for NY locals.

In Brookfield CT zip 06804, now getting signal strength of 93 on 99(b) transponder 3. Certainly good news.:)

Houston Locals

I live in zip 77381 Houston and have had great reception until about a week ago when I started getting a lot of pixelating on my local hd channels, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX ect. I have signal strength in the upper 90s on the 103(b) but 49 and 50 on the 103(a) directv said it's normal for lows on that side. All other sats have good signal , and picture in good except the local hds. This is happening on both my HR20-700 and my h20. Seems to happen in the morning and thru the day, but goes away about 10 pm. Whats this about?

I live in zip 77381 Houston and have had great reception until about a week ago when I started getting a lot of pixelating on my local hd channels, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX ect. I have signal strength in the upper 90s on the 103(b) but 49 and 50 on the 103(a) directv said it's normal for lows on that side. All other sats have good signal , and picture in good except the local hds. This is happening on both my HR20-700 and my h20. Seems to happen in the morning and thru the day, but goes away about 10 pm. Whats this about?

It's normal to have low levels IF that satellite doesn't have your locals, but that is where yours comes from. It sounds like it is most likely a bad lnb, but check all of your connections. It also might be moisture getting in somewhere that eventually dries out. Check your signal levels. If all of the other satellites are good, then I doubt it's an alignment issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)