NYC locals in SD only?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

milleruszk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
NJ
I am having Direct TV installed tomorrow. I just got around to reading the fine print on my order confirmation and it states that local stations are in SD only, not HD? My locals are from New York city. Is this true? CBS, NBC and ABC are only in SD? If this is true how do I cancel my install? :mad:

My zip is 07011. My locals originate in New York City. This is what was on the bottom of my order confirmation:

Service Agreement. You're set to receive the best in TV entertainment for 24 months as stated in your agreement.

Your order includes HD Access and an HD receiver, giving you access to all of the national HD channels associated with the programming package you selected. You will also enjoy your local channels in standard definition. Please note, however, that we're currently unable to offer local channels in HD in your area.

Not sure why it says that:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 170
As long as the NYC locals are in HD I am OK. The installer is coming in the morning. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

I believe your chart is correct. They are the same channels I currently receive with Dish.I would think that if the NYC locals were not in HD there would be many threads on here decrying Direct TV. I know it would be a deal breaker for me.

Can anyone in NY/NJ/CT confirm? Thanks again.l

The NYC locals being in HD wasn't what I thought was the issue; I was thinking that maybe based on your zip that you were being denied access. BUT their on-line tools cleared that right up.

some markets the spotbeam doesnt go that far so if you are in the extreme furthest part of the DMA folks dont get them in HD
BUT

NY Big 4 are CONUS so no matter where you are they work (they use these nets as fill in's for distants in some cases)

The OP is right outside NYC. No problem to receive HD locals as I'm on the western edge of the DMA get a great signal off the spot beam.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts