What do I need to get SD in a bedroom with existing service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XTG

Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Houston 77034
Scenario: 1 HDDVR, 3 SD boxes (with one not being used as of this post). Wanna go ahead and split the signal. Pops was thinkin of doing so from where the HDDVR is (or said coax to HDDVR) to one of the bedrooms. What exactly do I need? Got plenty of coax, just need the correct part(s), I guess. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I want the bedroom to have HD as well in the very near future, just need something in the bedroom first.

You could use an RF modulator to hook up the composite connections on your receiver to coax and run the coax to the bedroom for SD.

You could use an RF modulator to hook up the composite connections on your receiver to coax and run the coax to the bedroom for SD.

If you're considering running a coax for composite from an RF modulator why not just run coax from the dish to the bedroom for hooking up a SD DIRECTV box.

IF you don't mind getting the same programming you can split an output or run another output to a modulator, then run coax to the bedroom.

OR, as others have correctly stated... the line from the receiver goes to the dish or a multiswitch. The output from the receiver goes to the TV. The single Wire Multiswitch...(SWM) allows you to run from a splitter to a receiver.

No splitting the line from the dish as you asked.

Joe

If you want to mirror the two tv's you could buy the modulator or use a VCR you have lying around with RCA from dtv box and coax out to other room.

If you can find one used, and only want "SD"..there's a great pair of boxes radio shack used to sell, often on Ebay. Called the "Audio Video Network" (# 15-1975) from the older days......and, quite honestly, it works great sending SD video and STEREO audio over your phone line from jack to jack, with a box at each end! I'm sending SD from a DVD player, 410 satellite, and FTA through one (switcher ahead of it)....from INSIDE an RV, through the RV's phone jacks, then into my office the RV is attached-to. Highly recommend. And, they also relay remote control back to the unit.

Come to think of it, the wireless version of this today ain't bad either.....but 2.4 gig version can have problems with your wireless internet.....I think X10.com still sells 'em.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts