NYC locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Are all these Conus or are some spot beamed ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1435140626035.jpg
    1435140626035.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 142
Exactly Jimbo. ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox are conus. All the rest are on spotbeams.

CW in NY is ion the 103 Sat, but that doesn't really answer your question any better ... I believe its .... I'm not sure.
Some CW's show up in other cities ... where I live, we now have the CW locally, but that just started not that long ago, before that we got it from another city.
I don't watch it much so I can't remember what city it was coming from.

The only CW affiliates on CONUS are the ones you see in the 390s... DC and San Diego. And SD only! (HD in their respective DMAs.)

If you "move" to NYC, you will probably also get Ion on the local channel number, since it is actually a map-down of the national feed of Ion, in addition to the four major networks which are CONUS. At least, that is the way it works with my "moved" Los Angeles locals, so I assume NYC would be the same way.

Also, if you're "moving" from Bangor, try Portland. They have most networks. Parts of that DMA are in range of Boston, too, which has all networks in HD (except ION), including Spanish. Spotbeams don't have circular coverage areas, they are elliptical/oval and the Boston spotbeam goes ROUGHLY from Montreal to Bangor-ish (I can't find the map, I am doing that from memory so it might be a little off), further to the NE and SW. The NYC spotbeam also reaches the Bangor area so maybe you can "live" there, but it might be finicky, except those that are CONUS (CBS Fox ABC NBC). The red line is the max zone that the channels will come in, but keep the SD's not hidden because you'll need them when it's raining moderately (or use the AM21 and an antenna for your true locals. They never go away so losing the key networks is a non-issue). The yellow line is where the reception is more reliable. I live between the yellow line and red line of the Boston map (wherever it is) and the Boston HD locals are 77% when it's clear and "fluttery" sometimes during moderate rain (while national HD is still on strong).

Attachments

• NYCspotbeam.png
    NYCspotbeam.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 125
CW in NY is ion the 103 Sat, but that doesn't really answer your question any better ... I believe its .... I'm not sure.
Some CW's show up in other cities ... where I live, we now have the CW locally, but that just started not that long ago, before that we got it from another city.
I don't watch it much so I can't remember what city it was coming from.
WWOR Ch 9 and WPIX Ch 11 are CONUS. I know this because I have them on Dish as part of the old Superstation Pack...The others are WSBK Ch 36 Boston. KWGN CH 2 Denver. KTLA CH 5 Los Angeles.

WWOR Ch 9 and WPIX Ch 11 are CONUS. I know this because I have them on Dish as part of the old Superstation Pack...The others are WSBK Ch 36 Boston. KWGN CH 2 Denver. KTLA CH 5 Los Angeles.

That is Dish. So...

Directv does not have a SS pack, therefore those stations are only on their respective spotbeams. The only CWs on CONUS are those I mentioned earlier - Washington DC and San Diego, SD only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)