Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
He now has an ad listed Michelle Obama, My Daughter; listed in the Movies Now and Showcases. If you would like to see it, you can hit the list button on your remote and scrol over to Movies Now & Showcases. In the spirit of the election we are requesting that you keep all political talk in its proper place as any political talk will be removed from this thread. Please keep this thread strictly about Obama's purchase of satellite time on Directv or Dish. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• directv.jpg
    directv.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 232
I don't want this crap on my DVR either. I am a little worried that they can just put whatever they want onto my equipment.

I find it interesting that several threads have been started on this over at DBStalk and they all have been immediately closed. I don't understand that action. This is a legitimate DirecTV 'programming" discussion is it not? If DirecTV forces programming onto our equipment, do we not have a right to discuss this? I am normally a fan of that site but not on this issue. Rant ends here:)

Look at it this way. It is directv's DVR as you are leasing their equipment. Im pritty sure somewhere in the fine print it says they can do what ever they want with their equipment and can add or remove any programming at any time with out your consent.

I guess if you dont like it, then there is allways cable, sence none of you will be going to DISH as they have a full dedicated channel. Heres the deal. Who cares if its on your DVR. The area its on is controlled by D* and is not taking up hard drive space allocated to you. If you dont want to watch it then dont. No one is forcing you to.

What bothers me is that you all are bitching about a political ad sitting on your DVR when there is so much more to be bitching about.. Like vilence on tv. Sex on TV. THis dam Economy. Hell Bitch about NO HD getting added in the past two months.

Waisting your breath on a political ad does nothing and I dont see them removing it any time soon atleast in the next 19 days.

Look at it this way. It is directv's DVR as you are leasing their equipment. Im pritty sure somewhere in the fine print it says they can do what ever they want with their equipment and can add or remove any programming at any time with out your consent.

I guess if you dont like it, then there is allways cable, sence none of you will be going to DISH as they have a full dedicated channel. Heres the deal. Who cares if its on your DVR. The area its on is controlled by D* and is not taking up hard drive space allocated to you. If you dont want to watch it then dont. No one is forcing you to.

What bothers me is that you all are bitching about a political ad sitting on your DVR when there is so much more to be bitching about.. Like vilence on tv. Sex on TV. THis dam Economy. Hell Bitch about NO HD getting added in the past two months.

Waisting your breath on a political ad does nothing and I dont see them removing it any time soon atleast in the next 19 days.

Something tells me if it was a McCain ad, you'd feel differently.

DOH!

I understand its theirs, but political crap is makes it a different situation. Its a lot different from sending suggested VOD offerings to me.

There are a lot more useful things they could be doing. Putting the debates in a folder on the reserved portion would be useful and neutral.

I'm sure that DirecTV is approaching this as a simple advertisement. Someone paid for it and it got put on. I am not sure how much control they have to disallow a political advertisement versus another advertisement, as long as the same rate was offered to both camps. They may have been limited in their ability to refuse the advertisement. I don't know.

I'm not an Obama supporter, but I don't know just how much ability DirecTV has to say no in this case. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and see it as an advertisement versus a political statement from DirecTV management, though.

To me, its a big difference between running a ad and putting crap on my dvr. Im sure for D*, it was all about the $$$$

And as far as DirecTV is concerned, there isn't. They get paid to put ads on the reserved space. The fact that this particular ad is political is just an irritant.

Aww, Nuck Fobama.

It'll go away all by itself someday, no one makes you watch it, you still have the choice, so who cares if it's there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)