Observation and need help

mkwillia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Like everyone else, I was comparing V* with PQ on D*and wondering why my voom picture looked slightly softer that D*, when I ran accross something that I hadn't noticed before. I noticed that my VOOM Discovery HD was more strectched than D* Discovery HD channel (noticed it when the Discovery HD channel Id flashed in the lower right hand corner - it was almost going off the screen). Is there something I can do before I freak out?

FYI - Have the stb set to output 1080i via component wires.

Please help.
Mike

I am just referring to my HD setup, where I have the VOOM STB going to my HDTV.

I have Dish going to my projector via component and Voom via DVI and I have exactly the same image from both providers. If you have a Mitsubishi, their's a thread in here somewhere about overscan and tweaking it via the Service Menu.

I have a RCA HDTV. Do you believe that it is an overscan problem?

On HDNET, Mark Cuban has said that their image takes the entire frame with 0% overscan, so maybe Voom is doing the same thing? I don't think so because all of the Voom exclusive HD channels have about a 1" black bar only on the bottom of my screen, which is 54" high. Other HD shows like DiscHD, PlayboyHD and BravoHD, cover the entire screen. I don't have any of the Plus Packs so I can't comment on those HD channels. My PJ has 3% overscan.

Any idea on where I can find service codes for an RCA P61310 HDTV w/tuner?

You might also try HomeTheaterSpot.com, they have quite an extensive forum for HD displays.

mkwillia said:
I noticed that my VOOM Discovery HD was more stretched than D* Discovery HD channel (noticed it when the Discovery HD channel Id flashed in the lower right hand corner - it was almost going off the screen). Is there something I can do before I freak out?
Mike, try cycling through all resolution modes (red button behind the Moto logo). I remember one case when I saw incorrect stretching, and the resolution switching has resolved the problem. Try it, and let me know if it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts