Observation and need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mkwillia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Like everyone else, I was comparing V* with PQ on D*and wondering why my voom picture looked slightly softer that D*, when I ran accross something that I hadn't noticed before. I noticed that my VOOM Discovery HD was more strectched than D* Discovery HD channel (noticed it when the Discovery HD channel Id flashed in the lower right hand corner - it was almost going off the screen). Is there something I can do before I freak out?

FYI - Have the stb set to output 1080i via component wires.

Please help.
Mike

I am just referring to my HD setup, where I have the VOOM STB going to my HDTV.

I have Dish going to my projector via component and Voom via DVI and I have exactly the same image from both providers. If you have a Mitsubishi, their's a thread in here somewhere about overscan and tweaking it via the Service Menu.

I have a RCA HDTV. Do you believe that it is an overscan problem?

On HDNET, Mark Cuban has said that their image takes the entire frame with 0% overscan, so maybe Voom is doing the same thing? I don't think so because all of the Voom exclusive HD channels have about a 1" black bar only on the bottom of my screen, which is 54" high. Other HD shows like DiscHD, PlayboyHD and BravoHD, cover the entire screen. I don't have any of the Plus Packs so I can't comment on those HD channels. My PJ has 3% overscan.

Any idea on where I can find service codes for an RCA P61310 HDTV w/tuner?

You might also try HomeTheaterSpot.com, they have quite an extensive forum for HD displays.

mkwillia said:
I noticed that my VOOM Discovery HD was more stretched than D* Discovery HD channel (noticed it when the Discovery HD channel Id flashed in the lower right hand corner - it was almost going off the screen). Is there something I can do before I freak out?
Mike, try cycling through all resolution modes (red button behind the Moto logo). I remember one case when I saw incorrect stretching, and the resolution switching has resolved the problem. Try it, and let me know if it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)