Observations: Things That Don't Work

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
  1. The external hard drive function doesn't appear to be enabled.
  2. Installed an OTA module(MT2) and can't access the local channels menu.
  3. On Demand. I briefly got a list of items just added, but then was kicked back to the channel I was on. Any attempt to get back in fails. On one occasion the entire screen went black(except the small window for the channel I was viewing ). I had to hit the guide button to get things back to normal.
  4. Internet browsing is limited since a lot of sites require flash and it's not installed and I couldn't figure out how to install it. Couldn't figure out how to go back to a previous screen so I had to use the cancel button on the remote to enter a new address. I have a 3MB connection but the page load speed was slow and a lot of lag on the mouse.
  5. DVR recording works for the most part, but I had trouble setting up a timer to record every episode of Sportscenter. The options look pretty straight forward, but even when I said to record all episodes the information on the timer was set to one. In order to record all episodes of a show you have to set it up as a "Custom" timer. I was creating the timer and then editing it to change the properties(that doesn't work).
  6. Sling Box. Don't have a password to get this to work on th iPhone yet. I can get the desktop Slingplayer on my local network to access the 922, but the settings may be off since the picture is a little choppy.
Has anyone else tried these and had better success?

Last edited:
AKGolf

Go to the retailer care site and under the info center tab you will find a link for the 922.

In that documentation you will find a PDF file that gives you a list of things that work and do not work.

Mike

AKGolf

Go to the retailer care site and under the info center tab you will find a link for the 922.

In that documentation you will find a PDF file that gives you a list of things that work and do not work.

Mike

Thanks.

I'll have to check with my local retailer for the address. I'm not a retailer, but he was to busy to play with the 922. I'm trying to put it through it's paces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)