GEOSATpro Occaisional video freeze on Rural TV channel?

What firmware version?

How often does it freeze (stutter)?

Is an USB drive connected? If so, try a different drive or disconnect to test.

Is TimeShift on? If so, try turning off to test.

Does the freeze occur on DVR recordings or only live?

I will go ahead and chime in, albeit hesitantly. I have noticed this on a few feeds and channels, and think it might be related to having a USB drive connected. I hadn't posted this yet, because I almost always have a drive connected, and haven't had a chance to unplug them and fully test out this issue when it happens. It sometimes happens if I watch a recording already on my drive. Other times, it happens with certain channels or feeds, especially certain sports feeds (both when recording and when not recording the programs). I don't use TimeShift, I am using the latest firmware, and I'd say the stutter happens rarely (for me, it seems most common in live transmissions such as on some sports feeds, then on playback of recordings, and least common on fixed channels). Once the stuttering starts, it doesn't matter if I change channels, satellites, or watch a recorded program -- the only way to remove the stutter is to disconnect/reconnect or put into standby and power back on. The next time it happens, I'm going to disconnect the drive to see what happens (I sometimes use a memory stick, and sometimes a powered external hard drive ...both have experienced the stutter).

I'm running the latest current FW but it's nothing new related to that. I normally do not have a USB drive connected unless a recording or playback is planned and have never used the time shift feature.

I only watch this channel for 30 minutes a week and I'm not certain if a USB device was connected or not during previous times I've watched.

I'll have to see if there's a pattern or something else here in the setup.

Hmmm... yes, I had this just happen with no USB drive attached. I went from ABC News Now (Ch. 2) to a feed on the same satellite (symbol rate 7500, FEC 5/6, Resolution 576i). Haven't been able to replicate it again, as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts