Occasional Pixelation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chasfh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Over the course of the last month or so, I have been noticing occasional pixelation when I watch D*TV. It will last anywhere from a split second to maybe a full second, and pop up, I don't know, maybe once or twice an hour. I haven't really audited my shows for pixelation but I do notice when it occurs.

I have two boxes, and it occurs both when watching shows live, and when I watched DVR'ed shows, on each box, so i assume it's an issue with the dish.

I wondered whether the dish is going out of alignment and if so, whether it's something I could simply adjust myself (I'm not particularly handy). Before I look too much into how I might adjust myself, or calling D*TV, I thought I might post here and see whether anyone recognizes the problem, and whether there is a common or simple fix for it.

I did do a signal strength check, and I am uploading photos of the results. If these are not sufficient, I can try re-running and uploading what folks think might be helpful.

I appreciate any input you can provide. Thanks!

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 119
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 121
No, it's a known current problem that DirecTV is trying to find. Nothing to do with your equipment.

No, it's a known current problem that DirecTV is trying to find. Nothing to do with your equipment.

Really! Huh. Maybe their satellites are going out of alignment. Who knows.

How long has this been going on? Tell you what, if it goes on much longer, that's really going to reduce the utility of the service versus the alternatives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts