October Updates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
October Software Release Details
• Fix for “0 of 0 tuners in use” issue
o This will correct system freezing and black screen with banner issues
• Netflix reliability improvements
o AV loss
o Rebooting receiver when exiting Netflix
o 1287 errors

October Software Versions
Hopper 3: U525
Hopper w/ Sling: U708
Hopper: U136
Hopper Duo: U616
Wally: U444

o AV loss
o 1287 errors
1,287 Errors! I would have hoped that this number would be dropping, but maybe they got too many Microsoft programmers on the Hopper team! ;)

Seriously, though, I've seen the "black screen" issue a few times, usually after using out the "Game Finder" or "WeatherNow".

I'm posting on the tech portal about the voice remote on the H3 U525. If the Hopper 1's and 2's have the same issue, let me know

I just got a 54.0 remote today, so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. What is the issue I should watch for using it with my H2?

1,287 Errors! I would have hoped that this number would be dropping, but maybe they got too many Microsoft programmers on the Hopper team! ;)

Seriously, though, I've seen the "black screen" issue a few times, usually after using out the "Game Finder" or "WeatherNow".
1287 is an error code, not number of errors

Reactions: HiDefRev
I figured (hence the ;)), but when you said "1287 errors" I read it literally and made the joke. I do IT for a living, and we try not to write ambiguously to avoid misunderstandings.
That's what I thought too

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
o AV loss
o 1287 errors

October Software Versions
Hopper 3: U525
Hopper w/ Sling: U708
Hopper: U136
Hopper Duo: U616
Wally: U444

My Hopper 3 updated to U525 five days ago. Last night, Netflix wouldn't load. The usual frozen screen with background sound from the last channel. Had to pull the plug and reboot.

When do you suppose Dish will get around to fixing the default timer issue where it keeps getting changed every time the hopper resets. The issue was not there in U515 but has been there in U521, 522, and still in 525. I'm tired of having shows getting cut off because it keeps changing it back to end 3 minutes late or having to keep checking/changing any timers my wife/daughter create.

When do you suppose Dish will get around to fixing the default timer issue where it keeps getting changed every time the hopper resets. The issue was not there in U515 but has been there in U521, 522, and still in 525. I'm tired of having shows getting cut off because it keeps changing it back to end 3 minutes late or having to keep checking/changing any timers my wife/daughter create.
I've not had that problem, or at least I haven't noticed it

Hopefully they'll fix this problem 'soon'™.

A work around that I use is that I make sure to check the settings on every new timer I create. The default settings are the only things that change, the regular timer settings remain in tact.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have not had this issue.

If I change the Timer Defaults they are reset after every reboot. I usually like to Keep All Episodes and Add the Timer as the Lowest Priority rather than the defaults. :)
I keep my default timer Priority setting as is on the Highest. I also changed the default for the Keep to All episodes too. I also have changed the Start to 0 minutes early and End to 10 minutes late. Lately when I set a new timer sometimes the Start time is 1 minute early for the Start time. Yet the Timer Default Setting is still correct at 0 minutes early. Hard to say what is going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSheridan
Yes, it resets to 1 minute early, 3 minutes late.
Not all hoppers seem affected so I'd bet it only specific hardware versions of the H3 that fail.

Yes, it resets to 1 minute early, 3 minutes late.
Not all hoppers seem affected so I'd bet it only specific hardware versions of the H3 that fail.
What do you mean specific hardware versions of Hoppers? I didn't know about that. It makes sense since some of us don't seem to have issues and others do. Where is the hardware version listed?

I've never seen it listed anywhere, and Dish has never admitted to it, but I'd bet the farm that there are several and that's why many people have issues with certain software releases and they must wait for a fix to roll for their Hoppers while others have no problem at all with those software releases.

I've never seen it listed anywhere, and Dish has never admitted to it, but I'd bet the farm that there are several and that's why many people have issues with certain software releases and they must wait for a fix to roll for their Hoppers while others have no problem at all with those software releases.
I wouldn't doubt it. I think there is something going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)