October Updates

Isn't the hardware version listed on the Diagnostics Screen?

The Diagnostics screen has a Hardware ID. Are they all different?

Attachments

• Diagnostic Screen-page 2.jpg
    Diagnostic Screen-page 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 139
I think you might be on to something here...
Different hardware versions acting differently with same software.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yep, hardware versions for sure might have something to do why some Hoppers have issues and the others don't. I guess if we listed the Hardware ID version along with the issue, that would give us something to compare. But, what good use would this do for us?

My Hopper 3 updated to U525 five days ago. Last night, Netflix wouldn't load. The usual frozen screen with background sound from the last channel. Had to pull the plug and reboot.
That used to be routine, especially on Joeys. It would typically lose your login details too when it did this.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What do you mean specific hardware versions of Hoppers? I didn't know about that. It makes sense since some of us don't seem to have issues and others do. Where is the hardware version listed?
This has happened for as long as I've been with Dish. Members here have played detective more than once and based on user-submitted details (bug affects your receiver - yes/no, hardware revision, etc) to unofficially determine a bug only appears to impact a certain hardware revision, multiple revisions, doesn't impact certain ones, and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts