Odd 4k channel 540 issue.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That channel was up only for Planet Earth II and then was taken down. There is no 4K channel on Dish.
Hmm, bought Samsung UN55NU8000 in May, 2018.
It still shows in the listing but never could get excited about what would be scheduled on that channel.
So, any ideas when/if DISH has any plans to return to 4K?

Hmm, bought Samsung UN55NU8000 in May, 2018.
It still shows in the listing but never could get excited about what would be scheduled on that channel.
So, any ideas when/if DISH has any plans to return to 4K?
There was a college football game on earlier today, you must have missed it. Look for another one nex Saturday.

There was a college football game on earlier today, you must have missed it. Look for another one nex Saturday.
Actually I did see there was an Iowa game on but still could not get excited about the quality of 4K on that channel.
Disappointed!

Actually I did see there was an Iowa game on but still could not get excited about the quality of 4K on that channel.
Disappointed!
To be honest with you I wasn’t overly impressed either. I watched both on channel 540 as well as on the Fox Sports app and they were equally nothing to write home about. I see that a lot. There are some games that stand out but many don’t look any better than the HD versions.

To be honest with you I wasn’t overly impressed either. I watched both on channel 540 as well as on the Fox Sports app and they were equally nothing to write home about. I see that a lot. There are some games that stand out but many don’t look any better than the HD versions.
I have viewed several things on 540 and I too was not too impressed with quality of picture, no different than a regular HD picture. I'm guessing compression?

I have viewed several things on 540 and I too was not too impressed with quality of picture, no different than a regular HD picture. I'm guessing compression?
I might agree with that if there weren't some games that totally stand out and it looks the same when streaming from an app (which has much less compression)...

I think it depends on the sporting event and how they filmed it. I have watched some sporting events on channel 540 that were excellent with vivid details. I have also viewed sports on 540 that were very close to the 1080i version on channel 150.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Bobby
I have noted that day games generally look better than night games. It must have something to do with the lighting related to the 4K cameras. A cloudy day seems to affect the picture the same way. Early days, small steps....

I put a post in the 4k discussion thread saying I was not getting 4k resolution during the IA game. HD was being sent from the Joey instead. I've had 4k before from 540. This is the first occasion I remember a downres signal.
Disappointed!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)