Odd BH phone problem

RainbowBrt

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Just Monday we had Brighthouse digital phone added to our service. An installer came out and set us up. It works just fine, except that one of our cell phones, a Tracfone, will not connect with our home phone at all! It seems everyone else can reach us, all other cell phones and land line phones. We don't know anyone else with tracfone, so we can't test them. But we can call the tracfone, just not receive calls from it. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas? We have called Brighthouse, but as of yet have no solution.:eek:

none off the top of my head. i have been able to use my cell phones fine with bhn phone service. have you tried contacting tracfone?

Yesterday we contacted Tracfone....and got no solution. Today we called again
and asked to speak to a supervisor. I must say he was a smart supervisor! He solved our problem. Our tracfone actually will not work with Brighthouse, can u imagine that! They are sending us a brand new tracfone that will!!!!!!!! So it really does pay to ask to speak to a supervisor.:D Case solved!

glad to hear you got it resolved. and, yes, it always helps to speak to a supervisor...better yet, it always helps to know one! :)

That is incredible. I cannot fathom how a phone that is obviously transmitting the right signals/tones to make every other phone system in the world perform connection and convey its call, fails on BHN.

Did they give you any clue as to why that is so?

I've seen very similar problems, certain phones cannot call your number. It usually happens when a phone number is either not ported properly or the previous phone company didn't fully release the a portion of that particular phone number.

This is completely something else though... first time I hear of it.

Well what they said was that the older tracfone had out of date technology and couldn't be updated, didn't support the current, newer technology. I know, it sounds iffy, but thats what they said. And thats why they are sending us a newer tracfone, for free. I have my fingers crossed and will know in a few days(when we get the newer phone) if this is indeed a fact. Here's hoping. :hatsoff:

The big question is was your number ported or is it a new number. The device should have 0 to do with making the call. If it can call #a it should be able to call #b regardless of the software. THe ony problems ive noticed with this type of thing is on ported numbers, If the carrier old or new, or their CLEC providers do not port the number properly or updated their systems you could perhaps call on one phone and goto BHN phone, and call another phone and get your old carriers system.

Our phone number is new. The old one couldn't be ported. The problem has something to do with network technologies and which are and are not supported by our older tracfone phone.....at least thats what I understood that the supervisor was telling us. Ahh well time will tell. In a few days we will have our new tracfone and I will know whether or not the story rings true :rolleyes:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts