Odd issue after update HWS

craigb23

Original poster
May 9, 2006
My HWS updated on 8/8. we noticed that recordings were missing after the update. A show we had been watching had 16 episodes left on our DVR. After the update, when you go into the show, only about 5 would show up. If you then back out to the DVR menu, the episode count would update and show 5. If you when completely out of the DVR and went back in, it would again show 16, but only display 5. We found this was the case for almost everything we had recorded. Some or all recordings of a particular show would not show up. No amount of power cycling helped. Available DVR space remanded the same, it did not reflect hundreds of missing shows. To make it even more odd, if I go in to the dish anywhere app or webpage, all the recording that did not show up on the Hopper are there and viewable via dish anywhere. I have seen no mention of anyone else having this issue. Can't imaging I'm the only one. Dish support was of no help

My HWS updated on 8/8. we noticed that recordings were missing after the update. A show we had been watching had 16 episodes left on our DVR. After the update, when you go into the show, only about 5 would show up. If you then back out to the DVR menu, the episode count would update and show 5. If you when completely out of the DVR and went back in, it would again show 16, but only display 5. We found this was the case for almost everything we had recorded. Some or all recordings of a particular show would not show up. No amount of power cycling helped. Available DVR space remanded the same, it did not reflect hundreds of missing shows. To make it even more odd, if I go in to the dish anywhere app or webpage, all the recording that did not show up on the Hopper are there and viewable via dish anywhere. I have seen no mention of anyone else having this issue. Can't imaging I'm the only one. Dish support was of no help

Hopper 3 having same problem. Read the thread "Hopper 3 DVR issue". Seems to be a delayed reaction to the
recent software updates.

Hopper 3 having same problem. Read the thread "Hopper 3 DVR issue". Seems to be a delayed reaction to the
recent software updates.
Yep, guess it isn't just me or just the older HWS, thanks for pointing me to that thread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)