Odd issue with fast forward and rewind

Dacar92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
chicago
Hello,

I have an issue that I have reported to Dish but no resolution so far. I have 2 Hoppers w Sling. When recording something on Hopper 1 and starting that same program a bit later on Hopper 2 I cannot fast forward very fast. Hopper 1 is still recording the program and when fast forwarding it is very slow. Go to 300x and it is like 5x. Quick forward is supposed to be 30 seconds and it is more like 3 seconds. Rewind doesn't work at all. Rewind actually moves it forward. This only seems to happen when watching a program on one hopper while it is still recording on the other,.

I have called Dish twice about this. The first time they wanted to do a manual update and that didn't fix it. The second time I called they said this was a known issue and that they are working on a fix. Well, it has been a few months since that call and it still is doing the same thing.

Is this a known issue? I wanted to ask here before calling them again and asking for a resolution. Any ideas how to fix besides waiting or getting new equipment?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have an issue that I have reported to Dish but no resolution so far. I have 2 Hoppers w Sling. When recording something on Hopper 1 and starting that same program a bit later on Hopper 2 I cannot fast forward very fast. Hopper 1 is still recording the program and when fast forwarding it is very slow. Go to 300x and it is like 5x. Quick forward is supposed to be 30 seconds and it is more like 3 seconds. Rewind doesn't work at all. Rewind actually moves it forward. This only seems to happen when watching a program on one hopper while it is still recording on the other,.

I have called Dish twice about this. The first time they wanted to do a manual update and that didn't fix it. The second time I called they said this was a known issue and that they are working on a fix. Well, it has been a few months since that call and it still is doing the same thing.

Is this a known issue? I wanted to ask here before calling them again and asking for a resolution. Any ideas how to fix besides waiting or getting new equipment?

Thanks in advance!
What is your software version?

Thank you! When you say let it sit idle, I was planning to update before I go to bed tonight.. Is that good or should I do something different?

EDIT: also, do I need to update both or will one time update both receivers?

After you start the download, do not hit select or touch the remote for about 30 mins. The screen saver will pop up and you will think it is complete, but it isn't and it will cancel it. Best to do it overnight when no one will touch the remote.
Probably need to do both receivers.

Definitely need to do it to both. I had to. I did not do them simultaneously, but that probably wouldn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Wow, something got fixed with an update.

Has anyone figured out yet what new thing has been broken? :)
For us, made even using the prescribed fix for the Hopper not downloading Joey Software not work anymore. I got 2 out 7 Hoppers I picked up getting DOA'd because nothing I tried will get them to download the Joey Software :(

Reactions: MikeD-C05
For us, made even using the prescribed fix for the Hopper not downloading Joey Software not work anymore. I got 2 out 7 Hoppers I picked up getting DOA'd because nothing I tried will get them to download the Joey Software :(

I had one of those last week that wouldn't get Joey software no matter what so I set it up in the shop, exited the wizard, turned it off and left it alone overnight. The next morning it had Joey software.

I had one of those last week that wouldn't get Joey software no matter what so I set it up in the shop, exited the wizard, turned it off and left it alone overnight. The next morning it had Joey software.
I just found a way that seems to work, I have 2 here at home, both Hop/Slings that would not take Joey Software no matter which type of reset I fif or how long, I left them in standby, even overnight. Just for kicks, even though they both have U703, I did a Manual Software Update and let them sit for an hour and boom! Worked on both of them

I just found a way that seems to work, I have 2 here at home, both Hop/Slings that would not take Joey Software no matter which type of reset I fif or how long, I left them in standby, even overnight. Just for kicks, even though they both have U703, I did a Manual Software Update and let them sit for an hour and boom! Worked on both of them

Do you mean a boot recovery software download because I tried that too without any success but the overnight thing did it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What has been broken by 703?

Trick plays while viewing a program on an EHD. SKIPs still work, but very slowly.

I’d like to know if updated H3s are performing similarly.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hmm. When I tried that it said it was already on the latest version. Thanks for the info. :)
Oh it is, mine all say 703, but just run it and let it sit like normal and so far, every time it downloaded the Joey Software.

Err wait, the popup is saying you're on the latest version??

Oh it is, mine all say 703, but just run it and let it sit like normal and so far, every time it downloaded the Joey Software.

Err wait, the popup is saying you're on the latest version??

Yes, the popup. I'll try it again next time I get a stubborn one.

Yes, the popup. I'll try it again next time I get a stubborn one.
I just read a post on the portal from a Warehouse guy that's pre-downloading Hopper Slings and said the same thing, but if you try to do a partial reset first, then the Update Software tool will work. The ones I was able to do that way had all had Partial Resets done - and failed - beforehand

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts