Odd, local channel in uplink??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I had a new local channel show up in my guide that I don't understand. Channel 61 is my local Fox (WDSI). It has changed the name in the guide to WTVC2, but it still has the same Fox programming. I now have a channel 62 which says WDSI in the guide, but has the same programming as channel 61 but in SD. The program guide for channel 62 is incorrect. The shows listed in the guide for channel 62 are from THIS TV. And the logo in the guide for channel 62 is a black antenna with purple radio waves. Anyone know what's going on? Here's a pic of the uplink.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1446233967.129794.jpg

OK here is what happened and probably is happening

Sinclair (owner of channel 9) bought some of the non license assets from CW and FOX stations....basically they bought the FOX programming. They moved it to 9-2 OTA (but its also on 61 right now too).
Dish can't put subchannel numbers in the guide for locals so they will leave FOX at channel 61.

I assume FOX is leaving channel 61 and they will move something to the main 61 station (My Network or ThisTV). Dish is going to carry it but they can't put it on 61 in the guide (again FOX is there) so they use 62.

Reactions: Stormy_2021
OK here is what happened and probably is happening

Sinclair (owner of channel 9) bought some of the non license assets from CW and FOX stations....basically they bought the FOX programming. They moved it to 9-2 OTA (but its also on 61 right now too).
Dish can't put subchannel numbers in the guide for locals so they will leave FOX at channel 61.

I assume FOX is leaving channel 61 and they will move something to the main 61 station (My Network or ThisTV). Dish is going to carry it but they can't put it on 61 in the guide (again FOX is there) so they use 62.

I have OTA as well. Right now I have The same Fox programming on sat 61, OTA 61-1, OTA 9-2, and now on the newly added sat 62. Although the program guide for sat 62 is showing the data for This TV. What's funny is I get This TV on OTA 63-3, but the guide doesn't provide any data. So now I know what's on that channel by looking at the guide for sat 62.

Something else odd I just noticed. The guide for my sat Fox channel 61 shows World Series for tonight (which is correct). But if I jump ahead 24hrs in the guide, sat Fox 61 guide shows In the Heat of the Night for 8pm and 9pm. And then Stargate SG-1 at 10pm. And worst part about it is I don't see Gotham anywhere in my guide for Monday night.

Something else odd I just noticed. The guide for my sat Fox channel 61 shows World Series for tonight (which is correct). But if I jump ahead 24hrs in the guide, sat Fox 61 guide shows In the Heat of the Night for 8pm and 9pm. And then Stargate SG-1 at 10pm. And worst part about it is I don't see Gotham anywhere in my guide for Monday night.
possibly the FOX simulcast ends tonight (since tomorrow is a new month) and This moves to 61-1 (hence the must carry).
It may take a day for the guide to be properly done

per someone who receives the stations OTA as of this morning FOX is only on 9-2 (the 61 simulcast is gone) and ThisTV moved to 61-1 which is what I mentioned yesterday what might happen

So ThisTV is what you should get on channel 62 now. 61 will still be FOX

Channel 62 programming has changed to ThisTV, but the program guide now says "off air". Channel 61-1 is also ThisTV and it does have the correct program guide. And although sat channel 61 is still Fox, the program guide is showing data for ThisTV. And that will really screw up my timers if it isn't corrected soon. Also noticed 9-2 is also Fox. But it also shows incorrect data. Program guide shows ThisTV programming as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)