Odd local channel issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
We are in the Tyler/Longview Texas market yet we have Washington DC's CW affiliate. Anyone else in our market see this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WDCW is DirecTv's national CW feed for markets that do not have a CW affiliate. I am guessing Tyler doesn't have a CW affiliate, or it is cable only?

They have one. I could have sworn when we had DISH before we did the "move" to DFW for locals in HD that the Tyler locals included a CW. Suddenlink offers it too.

Is there any way to get a waiver to get DFW's CW station instead since it's the locals market right next door?

I wish Directv would offer a neighboring CW if the spotbeam allows it. There are plenty of examples where they could. I'm sure Neutron's market is one.

Looking at the charts, Tyler has a CW but its a subchannel. Directv usually doesnt add the subchannel unless the owner of the main station throws a fit. Thats how in Duluth, MN they got KDLH-DT2 on. So in Duluth they actually get 2 CW's
7 KDLH-DT2
14 CW (DC version)

As for the waiver, its for the "national" version which you already get

That sucks. I know for a fact where we live we could easily get DFW locals (had this with DISH with our "move"). The only reason we haven't "moved" yet is because Directv does give Tyler locals in HD. It would be nice to have a more local CW for us.

There's a Ford dealership commercial on the DC CW that I have to mute when it comes on. Quite annoying!

I wish Directv would offer a neighboring CW if the spotbeam allows it. There are plenty of examples where they could. I'm sure Neutron's market is one.

Looking at the charts, Tyler has a CW but its a subchannel. Directv usually doesnt add the subchannel unless the owner of the main station throws a fit. Thats how in Duluth, MN they got KDLH-DT2 on. So in Duluth they actually get 2 CW's
7 KDLH-DT2
14 CW (DC version)

As for the waiver, its for the "national" version which you already get
directv DOES offer CW from a neighboring market. i live in the chico market. we don't have a local cw station on D*, but we do get the CW out of Reno

correct. But there are plenty of areas where they DONT and SHOULD if the spotbeam overlaps the station in question

and in your case, Directv does have the Chico CW uplinked just not made available yet. It will be on 13

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)