odd record issues..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bscabl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
ny
ive had my hr22-100 for a couple years now.. and i love it.. the last 3 weeks tho, its randomly "ghost" recording some shows. example:

last night i had it set to record 2 shows at 9pm, it recorded both according to the list, but one as soon as i played it went straight to the "save/erase" screen that you get after watching something all the way thru. [the other 9pm program recorded fine]

last thursday it did that will 100% of the programs on usa network, as with the thursday before.
it also did it 2 mondays ago on usa.

thus far the only pattern i -had- found was it was always usa network.. now it seems to be usa network and spike tv.
everything else seems to record 100% okay 100% of the time [unless were having one of our famously insane upstate NY tstorms]
also, this problem, is maybe 3-4 weeks old

you wonderful people have a ton of experience with this equipment, so what im asking is:

-is this possibly a channel feed issue?
-if not, do i need a defrag or something on the box?
-if so.. how do i do that and will i manage to keep my recordings? [im currently about 30-40% full..i record a lot of stuff]

im leased, and i have the extended protection.. so if its broken, ill lose my recordings but no $.. but im hoping its something simple, or something in the sky that i cant control..

thank you all in advance!!!!

ill have to try a reboot. signal strength is 90-100 on everything

well. except 99s but I'm not even sure what all that means

99s and 103s are spot beam satellites, so it's normal to have low or no signal on many transponders.

ahhh okay, so im not losing it.. ill try a reboot tonight since i wont be using it then :D hopefully that fixes it..

99s and 103s are spot beam satellites, so it's normal to have low or no signal on many transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)