DirecTv HR23-700 Has lines in display

Status
Please reply by conversation.

capric621

Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Pennsylvania
My HR23-700 has recently started putting lines across my display when using component or composite, not hdmi. It does this all the way from the start screen even without the swm lines connected from the dish. I have tried it on multiple tv's with multiple cables, no issues with my other box, but when I hook this one up the lines are there. Can my component/composite video card just be broke? Does anyone else have this issue or any fix? Or do I have to get a new box?

My HR23-700 has recently started putting lines across my display when using component or composite, not hdmi. It does this all the way from the start screen even without the swm lines connected from the dish. I have tried it on multiple tv's with multiple cables, no issues with my other box, but when I hook this one up the lines are there. Can my component/composite video card just be broke? Does anyone else have this issue or any fix? Or do I have to get a new box?

Sounds like a bad box. Call Directv and get a repalcement.

They might not replace it for that issue, they might tell you be happy with hdmi, so be prepared to tell them it wont turn on

Status
Please reply by conversation.