odd s9 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

the_man_one

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
7 17 firmware has the green tint thing picks up great & has no lockups on hd stations.... the newest firmware fixes the tint issue but dosent scan all the channels (101 history & the audio feeds) among others... is their any "inbetween" firmware that covers these issues?

This goes back to the question I don't understand yet, whey does SOME software work well with SOME boxes and not others? I shared my "smoother" software of July for S10 with another S10 local user. I have very few if any lockups, and smooth operation. He owns an S-10 and it did NOT work for him, and gave him odd results, WAY different than mine! Thus, the same (model) boxes can act DIFFERENTLY with the same software. Can anyone shed some light on this? Seems there's no guarantee that the "fixes" in each version work with every box for which they are intended!

The end result of many bootleg manufacturers in China with various parts. You have these chips, someone else has those chips. Maybe someone else has micro bugs running around in a cage to make it work. No quality control. I must be lucky with my S9, works w/o any problems.

Last edited:
I think it might be hardware differences, Radio. You know half the Chinese landscape make clones of each other's boxes, and they might be just enough difference to make things wonky.
Its about the only thing I can think of that explains it for sure. :cool:

But I could be WAY off, its happened before...LOL

I tend to agree. Isn't it odd? I guess that's why boxes like the Manhattan and the SatelliteAV box will be better for those of us who want a combination of stability AND ability to experiment! We have a better "benchmark" from which we can all compare and work.

I'm really would have to question just how serious any manufacture from China is about quality control since the name on the box may not tell you who was the original company, if it can be cloned then someone over there will do it. All it would take is just one miscopying of a circuit, poor soldering job or different component and it not going to work correctly with all software versions. I'm running the July software and had no real issue have come up. I made sure that both of my boxes cam without needing an AC adapter.

US Customs, at least used to, check inbound shipments at the ports for knock offs in other products. Ok, they still do.
hxxp://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/priority_trade/ipr/ipr_communications/ipr_nr_linklist.xml
Do they not do this with FTA equipment? Is this selective enforcement?
"The power to question is the basis of all human progress." Indira Gandhi
cHJvYmFibHksIGl0IGRlcGVuZHMgb24gd2hvICJvd25zIiB0aGUgYnJhbmQuIA==

I'm really would have to question just how serious any manufacture from China is about quality control

You would? I don't even wonder. There isn't any, not at the price we're paying. :D

That's part of the reason why Brian's new box, and the Manhattan, cost a little more. There's a little more control.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)