Oden likely to miss rookie season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
the associated press is reporting this afternoon that gred oden, top pick in this year's nba draft, is likely out all season after having knee surgery. oden is suppose to spend between 6 and 8 weeks on crutches and rehabilitation up to 12 months.

can you say ouch?

Pretty ugly. They went in for an exploratory surgery and come out with a redshirt.

Oh, what the heck. They're on Comcast Sports Net in the coming season anyway.

With the injuries he had his senior year, I wonder why anyone wanted to take him in the first five picks.

Not to mention his defense was horrid unless he was cherry picking under the basket to block shots or rebound.

Durant was the better option.

With the injuries he had his senior year, I wonder why anyone wanted to take him in the first five picks.

Not to mention his defense was horrid unless he was cherry picking under the basket to block shots or rebound.

Durant was the better option.

Huh? If that post isnt one specifically designed to stir the pot I dont know what is.

I cant believe you didnt post that before he was hurt. Where was that post pre-draft?

Huh? If that post isnt one specifically designed to stir the pot I dont know what is.

I cant believe you didnt post that before he was hurt. Where was that post pre-draft?

I may have mentioned that in a pre-draft or post dreaft thread on these boards.

No my opinion is not specifically designed to stir any pot. I guess of it is not alloted to post an opinion around here (lord knows you do), then there are a lot of people in a whole heap of trouble.

I watched a lot of Ohio State games last year. I give Oden a ton of credit. He has potential to be a great center in the NBA. He played astoundingly through his wrist and hand injury last year. But he proved to be somewhat lazy on defense, and hustling on offense. His attitude was not one of a person who would work hard, (in my opinion). Lebron James proved everyone wrong when they said he would have a tough time hacking it against NBA talent without ever really being matched up against someon on his level in high school. But he has a work ethic that he is highly committed to. Oden does not, and according to his high school coaches, never has.

The bottom line is he is not a guy you build a team around because he does not even show that he wants to be a leader. Durant is the opposite of that.

Now remember saying I am stupid, or don't know what I am talking about only makes you look like a twit because I am only stating an opinion. You can discuss it with me, and tell me where you think I am wrong, as well as your opinion and come off much more intellectual. :)

Espn is saying: "Greg Oden's injury is beyond sad -- especially for Portland, which doesn't deserve Sam Bowie 2.0". I truly hope that he can recover and show what he can do in the NBA.

Wow this team never gets a break. In 1984 they pick Sam Bowie instead of some guy name Michael Jordan. Then Bowie has a career of injuries.

There is an upside to this. The Portland Trailblazers will be in good shape for another lottery pick to help Oden when he gets back. I'm surprised at all the backlash aimed at this kid, who has done nothing to deserve it. All he has done is play basketball very well. He has been described by people who KNOW him as being a leader, with a very engaging, articulate disposition.

Nobody is saying he is a bad person at all. Where do you get that at Paul?

Joe decock's posts mostly.

Hey... I never said the guy was a bad person as you insuated. I just simply said I think his lack of a hard work ethic is one that can be his demise in the NBA. I said clearly that it was only my opinion. I think Oden is a wonderful humble young man with his head on straight. Just for that he is already ahead of 80% of the players in the NBA.

I happen to think he has a lot of natural talent, but unless you have the work ethic, that natural talent is not going to get you to match the hype that follows a guy like Oden. I point to Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic or Michael Olowakandi as an example of this. You could even argue Yao Ming to a point. He has not been the dominant center he was hyped to be, but then again his is said to have a poor work ethic too.

Nobody talks about Oden's work ethic. There has to be a reason for that.

All the guys who have made it are boasted about because of their work ethic. Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Dwight Howard, or Dwayne Wade.

Again, his work ethic has been praised in everything I have read and heard about this kid. I really haven't heard a bad thing said about him. Time will tell what kind of player and person he really is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)