Off-Air Antenna/Diplexer/Big Signal Loss??

justwondering

Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
I'm new to the forum and need help. Currently we are having (on multiple occasions) a big signal loss when coming out on the other side of the diplexer which is provided by V***. The antenna is a Winegard Model GS2000A (bat wing) and the diplexer is also a Winegard Model DP3020. The loss coming out is about 30% on the satellite tap, and about 50% on the off-air tap! If we remove the diplexer everything is fine, or if we substitute with a Channel Master Diplexer (Model 40321FD) everything is fine. The equipment we've been assigned appears to be the older receivers which often require about a two (2) hour download. Perhaps it's because they're older receivers? Regardless, while attempting to resolve these issues with V***, W******d, and our distributor O'*****e, believe it or not, they're are all saying that we are the only ones in the entire U.S.A. who is or has had this issue! Has anyone else out there heard of this or had a similar experience??? If so, PLEASE respond to this thread and give as much detail as possible.

I have never had that trouble with the wingard diplexer usally it is the Channel Master diplexer that i have the trouble with when i hook to a wingard antenna . and your signal loss could just be the software issue to if you have the 5.08 software then you will have this but it should be ok when you upgrade the software to the 6.20

tyork

Welcome to the forum, justwondering!

50% = 3dB. The 3dB loss is not that unusual for diplexers, and can be easily compensated for by the OTA preamp. Are you having any particular problems or are you just wondering? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)