Help

Dreedy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2004
Charles Town WV.. near DC
:confused: OK friends,
I have a Voom Billing situation that is getting worse. I originally had to have a box replaced and Voom said they would also hook up a second box and waive the $199.00 fee when they brought my replacement box. Well after the install was done, a few days later I checked, and of course, my un-billed portion on the voom site said they planned to charge me the $199.00 for the extra install. I called and argued with the CSR's and finally after a few calls the manager appologized and said she had to fax the refund request to the billing dept.?? - what ever :rolleyes: . To make things worse, I had to cancel my credit card that I use for VOOM because the bank sent my new card to a wrong address. Well, voom tried to charge my canceled card and it got rejected. The good part is that I didn't pay the $199.00 they were trying to wrongly charge me. The bad part is, when I try to call VOOM to get this mess straighted out, they keep taking my information to call me back and never do. I need wilts email address because I am afraid to give these clowns my new credit card as they might charge me out the wazoo.

Wayne

Dreedy,

Please let us know how it goes. I'm sure you will have a positive experience working with Wilt. There is alot of unjust VOOM bashing lately on this forum, so we could use some good news to counteract it.

I've had zero billing problems. You should be fine after this initial hiccup. Don't worry about your credit card since you can always dispute any charges later.

VOOM wouldn't be able to stay in business if they ripped off the customers.

They ARE ripping off the customers and they MAY NOT stay in business. They need a serious management shakeup. Fire every last one of them and then train the CSR's properly. Then the repeated problems will go away.

Yeah, That's A Great Plan...

ram1220 said:
They ARE ripping off the customers and they MAY NOT stay in business. They need a serious management shakeup. Fire every last one of them and then train the CSR's properly. Then the repeated problems will go away.

All brand-new CSR's and a fresh management team. That'll work. :eek:

How many people have actually had billing problems (other than the "Illegal Sales Tax" issue, I don't think we need to go there)?

Maybe 30 or 40 have posted to this forum. Granted, some of them may have posted several times. In an age where everything is driven by computer, errors are going to happen. That doesn't mean the errors were intentional, nor does it mean they will happen to everyone. I choose to worry about that when and if the time comes.

As far as the CSR's go, I've had nothing but great service from them - guess it's just "luck of the draw"...

ram1220 said:

Dreedy,

Don't let folks like ram1220 scare you off. His posts are mostly negative in nature. He has had a bad experience I guess but since he didn't provide any details I don't know how much you can learn from it. The remaining 99.9% of us hope you enjoy your HD experience from VOOM.

I have posted a lot of my problems here in this forum. Just open your eyes and read. I have had Voom since March 10. Yes I have enjoyed having all the HD channels. But I have also had just about every problem that has been listed in these forums by people including being billed 5 times last month. I emailed the infamous Wilt and nothing was done. Hell I'm still waiting for a call back from billing and it's been 6 weeks. Why am I still here? Because if Voom can iron out their growth problems this would be one heck of a satellite service. I did call the other night to cancel. I was given a nice credit to stick it out. Seeing as I really do want Voom to suceed I am still with them hoping the problems get fixed.
Open your eyes and read some of the posts I have written. I actually do praise Voom when I feel they did a good job on something. And yes I bitch when they screw up. And I will continue to do so, good and bad. I just don't feel that I should list every one of my problems in each and every post. If that's what you are bitching about this time I guess I can start to do it.
Most of my posts lately have been negative. I'll admit that. But every time I turn around Voom has found a new way to screw up. When they stop screwing up, I'll stop bitching.
There are a few of you fanboys out there that worship the almighty Voom and feel they can do no wrong. If you don't like to read the true facts of what's going on under your noses, then don't read my posts.

TechCop said:
All brand-new CSR's and a fresh management team. That'll work. :eek:

How many people have actually had billing problems (other than the "Illegal Sales Tax" issue, I don't think we need to go there)?

Maybe 30 or 40 have posted to this forum. Granted, some of them may have posted several times. In an age where everything is driven by computer, errors are going to happen. That doesn't mean the errors were intentional, nor does it mean they will happen to everyone. I choose to worry about that when and if the time comes.

As far as the CSR's go, I've had nothing but great service from them - guess it's just "luck of the draw"...

I said to fire the whole management and retrain the CSR's. The CSR's are only as good as their bosses.