Off Air Antenna Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

2deaconblues

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Alabama
Hello, I'm glad to find this forum as I am just entering the satellite world. I have the DirecTV DVR box and two standard receivers. I live in the 36830 zip code and I'm looking for the easiest way to get local networks.

I'm wondering how the off-air antennas work. Do they connect straight into my box or do I still need a digital converter box? I do not have digital capable TVs, or HD, by the way.

They no longer connect directly into the DTV Receivers; You need to purchase whats called an AM-21 from DTV ($50) but you can usually wiggle them down a bit depending on your payment history & length of service. You can also purchase these boxes from our sponsors. The AM-21 connects into the DTV receiver & incorporates the shows into the guide for recording. Depending on how your antenna's are set up you can even enter multiple locations if you can receive other cities locals OTA & they too get incorporated into the guide & all can be recorded.

Thanks for the response. From searching the forum, there seems to be some question as to whether or not the AM-21 works with the non HD DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)